Co Ownership (Please help define)

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Co Ownership (Please help define)

Postby short_stirrupss » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello all! I'm new to the board...looking forward to my experience here at EC :) I actually have a question on my mind that prompted me to join you here on the BB.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am interested in what exactly Co Ownership (I'm not sure this is the correct term) is.  There are many horses on the circuit that will be entry of multiple persons (e.x. would be Westwin, a large entered on the A's by Natalie Gascho and Randy Roy who are both the owners.)  I am wondering how an arrangement like this is made for high quality show horses who perhaps both parties interested would like a share in.  Any information at all would be much appreciated.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
short_stirrupss
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Arcadia » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There are a ton of variables, sometimes two people own and one could pay the expenses while the other one trains the horse.   Then you get your syndicates.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Prize money is paid to the owner(s)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Arcadia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling