Critue lil paint Filly I wanna buy

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Critue lil paint Filly I wanna buy

Postby Super Trooper » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Hello#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Im new here.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I really like this horse and im wondering what u think of her......I might buy her cuz im looking for a maybe 3rd horse.She is a 2004 Apha filly and her reg'd name is Caseys Bar Maid.Be brutally honest, I wanna know her faults and good points too#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#here is what the lady wrote to me#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#.....Thanks for your interest in this filly. She should mature around 15.2 hands. Health is excellent. She is halter broke. Quiet. Very affectionate. Loves brushing. Good with her feet for the farrier. I have included recent pictures of her and her dam and sire. Both dam and sire are for sale also. You are welcome to come view her......#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#She is presently 13.2 hh #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#According to the leg measurement she will finish at 15.3hh #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Hope this give you an idea of what she is like. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I am asking $1000 Canadian for her. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#There is some interest in her but nothing definite yet. One on the internet and the other is a local girl. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Since she is not yet trained you could use her either English or Western. Whatever your preference. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#here are her pics#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/album/371386545vKvSUE#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/album/372792573OIsBRn#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#And here is her pedigree#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/caseys+bar+maid" target=_blank#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/caseys+bar+maid#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#from her bloodlines, what discipline would she best be suited for?#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Jamica Skipper Rayne~ 2003 3/4 APHA Filly
Trooper~ 2002 Grade QH Gelding
Super Trooper
Newbies
Newbies

Postby shady222 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#From the pics it is hard to critique, but i would say the filly is a little cow hocked, though i think most horses are, has a bit of turned in toes and a slightly off shoulder and pastern angle. I like her over all look though, just a few things to point out coming from a person who owns a cow hocked, pigeon toed, bench kneed Tb. LoL. She looks as if she won't reach 15.2...but who knows with growth spurts...How old is she being 13.2? i just purchased a Draft Cross Clyde/Paint Pony colt and he is 13.3hh as a 13-14 month old colt...so im not sure, because they are supposed to have a longer growing rate than a light horse too. I am told my colt will only reach in the 14-16hh range but who knows with parents being different sizes...im just saying even he looks bigger than your filly and he isnt supposed to get that big... She looks like a nice prospect i dont know what type of events you are looking to do, but coming from a hunter, Pony Club, Eventing, Dressage perspective i think that she will be a cute little hunter, Pony Club horse, Paint Circuit or dressage prospect. For jumping sports though i like to see more muscle in the hind end. Don't get me wrong shes a cute filly and im sure there are lots of good things about her, love her color. Im just not sure about the height ratio with her, some of the conformation aspects...but im not an expert...just another opinion :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any horse can be more than a critique can make them out to be...like the TB mare i aforementioned, shes doing everything under the sun even with her faults. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Shady and Kiado forever :)
Ride high on Horses, not Drugs :P
shady222
Groupie
Groupie

Postby goldendryad » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:14 am

She is a cute little thing, that is for sure. I think you need to
isolate exactly what you want to do before you make your decision. That
has a large impact on your choice of horse.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Overall she is a nice filly. The one really obvious fault are her front
pasterns, I think they are too long and too sloped. Her sire has the
same thing. While sometimes longer pasterns can make for a smoother
ride, they are also a lot weaker and would make her more prone to leg
issues if she is worked particularly hard.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Her neck also looks a bit short and thick to me to. May make it harder to flex, bend or carry in a frame.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Her breeding suggests western to me, as do the size and look of her
parents. It's hard to tell her neck carriage, but it seems a bit too
high for western pleasure. She doesn't have much TB in her, and looks
to be built solid. I myself like a more refined, leggier horse to do
English with.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
That being said, I truly believe that a horse is what you make it. Not
what it's papers and breeding says. So take a hard look at what you
plan to do with her. But if possible, go out and see her in person...as
well as other horses you may be interested in. A connection is an
important thing too.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Super Trooper » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanx for replying. Im alot into western,so that is wat she will prolly be lol(w/ a bit of english too).She is a march 2004 baby.My 2year old(which was 13.2hh as a yearling) is currently 14.2 and should finish 15.2, so im not too worried about the paint filly's height. All I really want form this filly is a endurant,strong, and sound horse that will last. wat do you think? anyone else?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Super Trooper
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I couldn't get the link to the pictures to work, but if she has long, sloping pasterns you might want to take a pass. They can lead to soundness issues. It doesn't mean she'll have problems for sure, but if you're looking for a horse to do hard work with for years there's probably better risks out there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Super Trooper » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok thanx.anyone else???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Super Trooper
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling