Pricing a pony foal

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Pricing a pony foal

Postby Ruth » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am at a loss as to what to price our new sport pony foal at. I'll check out ponyworld.net, but thought I'd pick some brains here too. I don't have any pictures I can post, but I'll give as much information as I can.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He looks like he'll be liver chestnut, has a big blaze and 2 socks, so flashy coloring. Really pretty face with big googly Morgan eyes. Legs are pretty straight at the moment. He should grow up to be a competitive show pony.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Height I'm not sure about yet, I'll string test him at the appropriate age, but my guess is from his current size, probably a medium. Has the genetics to be a large though, but not likely to go over 14.2#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Still too little to really know what kind of a mover he'll be, but looks like he'll have a nice big trot. He doesn't trot like a Shetland.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sire is a German Riding Pony, Benno's Hit. I believe he was winner of his stallion test in Germany.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dam is a registered part-Trakehner, other part is Morgan. Her sire is Adrian, who is a half-brother to Abdullah. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Both parents have awesome temperaments.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sire is approved ASPR and I am going to take mare and foal to an ASPR inspection in September, so he will have a set of papers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The couple of GRP foals I have seen were advertised at $5,000 US, but seeing as there's no GRP registry in North America I'm hesitant to ask that much, also the dam isn't a GRP anyway.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling