how can i sell my mare & filly? and how much?

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

how can i sell my mare & filly? and how much?

Postby horsebabe15 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I have a 7 year old foundation bred QH brood mare. sired by docs Super Leo and dam is Lil San mount Gold. She is green broke, sound great feet, throws FAST foals. Filly is red roan QH/ARABIAN. sound 3months pics up all 4 feet leads . ties. how much should i sell the pair for and seperate?. and how should i go about it? -michelle#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~ Michelle~
horsebabe15
Newbies
Newbies

Postby shady222 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i would keep the option of buying them seperate or together upto the buyer. I am not a Quarter horse expert but here is my thoughts on it. As you mentioned her lines, i am guessing they are good ones and that she is a succesful broodmare and you also mentioned her being green broke...as in can she walk, trot, canter and halt? or is it beyound that? i will assume so. The market here in Saskatchewan would prob have her around 2000-2500$ Canadian depending on how she is at all of this stuff and how good her lines are and the foals she produces.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The foal on the other hand...i don't know what either of these horses look like so i will assume there is acceptable conformation on both. if i was to sell a foal that did these kinds of things i would prob ask 500-800 and if the foal was registered, then more around 1000.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If i were to sell this pair together i would prob put them both up for 2000 or 2500...here in Saskatchewan there are soo many quarter horses that even the good ones aren't worth that much unless they have proven themselves to be in the money. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Shady and Kiado forever :)
Ride high on Horses, not Drugs :P
shady222
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsebabe15 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# Thanx yes Docs Super Leo is a very decent pedigree here. and the filly isnt yet registersed but she is know loading. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~ Michelle~
horsebabe15
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would say try for a couple thousand higher then what Hsaddy suggested then if no one is biting you could lower the price.  That is as long as you are not n a rush to sell them.  As for how to sell them post it on websites like this and flyers around local tack stores and word of mouth can work well also.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope it goes smoothly for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also agree give the person buying the option of getting them individually or together.  Maybe make it a package deal and knock some money off if they are bought together.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling