Am I asking too much?

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Am I asking too much?

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, so I'm selling this really nice, girth. It's in GREAT condition, used for approx. 6 months. no wear and tear, it's in SHOW condition. It's Oakbark in colour, hunter green elastic at one end. I had it custom made, it's a very nice girth. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#It's a larger size, 58" so maybe that's the problem... I'm asking $95 for it... is that too much? It was an expensive girth and would be great for someone showing... It's been up for sale for months with no one has even e-mailed me about it...  I also have "OBO" in my ad.... and nothing??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Trufflemaker » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think $95 is reasonable for a really good quality girth. Maybe you should state in your ad what you paid for it. People like to get a deal... Although if you paid extra to have it custom made, that won't matter to your buyer. It's not custom for them. Remember too that your audience is limited to people with larger horses who have that colour saddle, so maybe you just need a little more time for the right person to come along. Have you tried selling it on consignment? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Dee22 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your probably right Tuffle, it will probably just take time for the right buyer to come along... it's an odd size girth... I will wait a little longer and than put the price down again. I did try it on consignment in the late winter / early spring with no luck... maybe time to try that again... it's just a shame that it's just sitting there... it's a nice girth! LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *rickie* » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Dee, you could always just start packing the weight on your princess.........until the girth fit her! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Ricki! The (not so) funny thing is that the girth DOES fit Eja LMAO! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It went with my CC saddle which I sold but the buyer couldn;t use sucha  large girth... and now I ride in a dressage saddle.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling