Cribber - Affects Price

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Postby chenders01 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ummm...when I get someone to come to the barn with me and take them #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/3.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Seriously, I've been concentrating on Tequila's training so much lately, plus I've been away on weekends, that I haven't had much time to think about riding her myself OR getting new pics taken.  Definitely have to do it though...my girlie has grown sooo much since that pic in my avatar was taken.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just trying to get through the rest of this month so that I can get back on her and into some kind of "routine" of riding her again.  Then, I gotta find someone to drag to the barn with me, to get some pics taken...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a cribber, Mouse is one. He has a miracle collar coming. He was doing good and hardly doing it and then Miss died and Picture got hurt and it made him upset (he is the barn barometer, you know if something is wrong cause Mouse is in your face doing the "fix/help them mom!" look) he had just relaxed after picture having to leave and go to the vet for his tongue! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also they have shown, i forget where i read it that cribbing and chewing were often signs of ulcers. Feeding 2 tbsp of baking soda daily has helped many, some horses are know to quit completely. I know it is helping to decrease Mouses habit to a very large extent. Which is good cause the hot stuff on wood didn't help, he seemed to like the tabasco:-S#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#To me if the horse is good and it can be controlled i can deal with chewers and cribbers. windsuckers i hate!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling