must I give her away??!!!

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

must I give her away??!!!

Postby bill » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:27 pm

I have had a TB mare for sale for a while now. She is a lovely 6 yr old
,16 hand chestnut, very pretty,sound, jumping  2'9" courses , and
is a really nice mare!!! I have her priced ( i think reasonably ) $
3000.00.OBO, Will make an awesome Trillium prospect,for the lows/adults
and even the childrens, she is solidly built, and very athletic. I must
sell her due to finances, and I still have her!!! People seem to want
the perfect horse??? for nothing!!! I am getting so frustrated, people
that say they are coming,don,t, I have spent quite a few times getting
her ready to show people, and they do not even bother to show up or
even call!!! Must I give her away??? 
bill
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well I know the market is slow at the moment.  If you can I would say stick with what you have her priced at it sounds like an amazing deal.  Hopefully someone will notice it soon and snatch her up!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#3000$ is definatly a more than reasonable price... I would sick with that... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#However, if you must get rid of her I could offer her a nice home... hehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pony Hunter » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow are you for real?! lol #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where are you located?? Please say in the  Ottawa Area! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby bill » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:15 pm

I am in Brantford,  not to close to Ottawa!! She is on the horses for sale on here!!! Ad # 42840#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
bill
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pony Hunter » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awwwww! If only you were closer! Maybe the fact that shes a OTTB scares people away. Well if you really  want  to sell, trailer her up to Ottawa and I'll try her out #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby chenders01 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm...she sounds lovely (I read your ad).  Not sure why you haven't had any bites yet on her.  The price is certainly right!  The only thing I can think, is that the market is really flooded right now...mostly with TBs.  Yours is just another of many...    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where else do you have her advertised?  I sold a TB a couple months ago and I had him listed on several websites.  I also had paper ads put up at a few tack stores.  Do you post at #ed_op#A href="http://www.equiman.com"#ed_cl#www.equiman.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# at all??  On their classifieds site, you can re-post your ad every 7 days, thus keeping your horse in the forefront.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure what else to suggest, other than to get your ad out there, where more people can see it.  As far as "no-shows" yeah, that happens.  Some people are just inconsiderate.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#very nice, I like her! im not sure why no one has bought her yet!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *rickie* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Maybe I can shine some light on this whole thing.....#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#A couple years ago, I was trying to sell my arab (been there, done that, perfect 6y/o childs beginner horse, or for an experienced rider to continue to grow with) and I can tell you right now, that it was VERY VERY hard to sell him!! Everyone who replied to my adds, was only offering $2000!!! For a horse that has been to Ontario Champs, as well as a million other shows, and placed everywhere. So I feel your pain. People these days just want the best thing for nothing!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#As for right now, yes, the market is just flooded with TB's....it's hard to find anything for sale that isn't a TB! And this time of year is the HARDEST time of year to sell a horse, because everyone is selling their horse!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#But to  make you feel better, I have a client who is looking for a horse that sounds very much like your Bella. We just have to sit down and go over the list of possible horses, and then make the decision of which ones to look at. And Bella is on the list (was before you even posted this add #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/14.gif"#ed_cl#) But with school starting, everyone is very bussy trying to get everything they were planning on doing this summer....but have run out of time for!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Cheer up, hopefully she'll sell soon! And how knows, maybe my client will like her...I can tell you all the pictures are just great of her....She's one of the very very few that isn't being ridden behind the bit or broken at the 3ird, which I just LOVE about her!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Chin up.....hopefully something will happen soon!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#as usual....TBs are great horse, but there always seems to be an abundance of them for sale at any given time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#my guess - with people going back to school, etc...not to many are looking.....i know if i was in the market to purchase a horse - i'd probabaly be looking for a mare like yours, but sadly i'm not in a position to buy a beastie....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she's very pretty#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm, I've been looking for a horse on websites and stuff i found one so i don'y have to look anymore. But this is just stuff that would make me maybe keep looking afetr your ad. But i must say your horse is gorgous!! And i think 3000$ is too little. Maybe its because i am willing to pay more for horses but when you see a small price for what seems to be a good horse you wonder. And a chestnut mare, one of the first things i would go againt all the ones io have seen have been just nuts! And your MUST SELL!! , eventhough, due to finances you have to sell her, it seems like your desperate. Sorry for my spelling, and i know you can't change your horse, those are just some things that people look away from. I hope you get her sold, she does seem really nice!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bill » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:50 pm

Hey Guys, I sold my mare!!! I just wanted to ad a response to Pretty
Pony72, I had dropped her price down , yes, she was reasonably priced
at $3000.00. I was not desperate to sell her like you had mentioned,
however, I had a really nice mare, that quite frankly I could not
understand why she took so long too sell!!  I did need to sell her
, the must sell part in my ads was not because I was desperate, there
was absolutely nothing wrong with the mare, she was lovely!!, however
my circumstances were such that I needed to to go!!! A very frustrating
experience though, dealing with tire-kickers and no-shows and people
wanting an absolute perfect horse for nothing, which everybody knows
there is no such animal!!! The girl that bought her, will do great with
her, and IMO got a great deal for such a nice mare!!!
bill
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is great bill that you were finally able to sell her!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#bill: Yeah, your mare did look amazing and it's good that someone did get her. I would know if she sounds good give it a chance, but to people who are getting their first horse try to get a perfict one for cheap. Like everyone on this board knows, you want a amazing ' perfict horse' go spend 200,000$ + and get a imported warmblood or somthing lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling