How to ship a saddle to the USA??

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

How to ship a saddle to the USA??

Postby Rio Roulette » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi - has anybody ever shipped a saddle from Canada to theUS? I have contacted Fed Ex, UPS and Canada Post. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Their rate calcuations say that UPS and Canada Post can't ship it because it's too big. (I estimated 30 pounds, and 25x25x36 inches when packed). Fed Ex wants $1000 to deliver it. ha ha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What carrier has anybody used who can do this?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Trufflemaker » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have you inquired about shipping by bus? I  know you can do this within Canada. Not sure about shipping across the border that way though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Meg78 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used Purolator to courier a saddle to New York, it cost me about $40.  I just brought my saddle, went into the Purolator store, they weighed it, then stuck it in a box, and off it went!  $1000 is outrageous.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meg78
Newbies
Newbies

Postby FreedomBandit » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I shipped a western saddle to the US through Canada Post about 3 yrs ago and it cost about $30.00 or $40.00. I packaged it up in a box and they took it without any problems. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//horsehead2.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
FreedomBandit
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:20 am

I recently bought a saddle from new hampshire. The postage was around $30 if i remember right. It was sent via air mail, and it was marked as a warranty refund/replacement and customs didn't nail me on it ;)
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Rio Roulette » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks - I took it into Purolator as well, and got a different story - yes they can take it for about 35$ ground. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Phoning couriers or using their websites seems the wrong way to go when you want a quote. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling