Tb/clydes?

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Postby *Southwinds* » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a 3 year old Clyde/Hackney/TB (Sire is Yellow Creek a TB, Dam is a very pretty Clyde/Hackney) and boy does he have knee action! He currently stands at 17.1 and has hooves the sizes of dinnerplates. He is pretty refined, legs like a TB, short neck and back, big stride, but very thick through the barrel. He was so easy to break, and jumping he is fearless!! I jumped him over "scary" fences and he did not look once. I'm so proud of him. He has natural lead changes, and rocks back on the hind end to take off all on his own. All I did was put a placing pole down. I have big hopes for this guy in the jumper ring.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also have his half brother (same Dam but Sire is Northern Hemisphere) and he is BEAUTIFUL! Hes only a yearling but I have big hopes for him as well. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Southwinds*
Newbies
Newbies

Postby bighorsetack » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Hope2.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's my Hackney/Clyde.  She's going to make a wonderful field hunter or eventer some day. Lots of knee action when she get's ticked off, but a wonderful smooth canter and trot otherwise - barely anything to even post too. She looks like a picture from those old war horses that you see - all tucked up and round. And is incredibly brave.   Funny thing was, I did a saddle fitting with a Thoroughbred/Hackney/Clyde the other day who looked exactly like her - except for much longer legs (Hope has an almost full draft body, but really short legs - she's only 14.3 hands).  We kept calling him 'Hopes' bigger brother.......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Probably the biggest problem I had with her was finding a saddle that fit her large shoulders - even Wintec's largest gullet would sit too high.  Finally found a wonderful brand - Duett.  Like the Gillette commercial - I liked it sooo much, had to start my own store....... ;-)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
bighorsetack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby rebelrouser » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:47 am

Aww...the picture didn't work for me..:(. SHe sounds so cute tho...so short!! hehe...good luck with her!
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think a warmblood is a warmblood when you buy a warmblood! whooh i said warmblood a lot!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you wouldn't want to sell a clydXtb and advertise it as a warmblood, because it isn't. Im not too familiar with the terms of what makes on a warmblood, so i won't go and say what i think and possibly make a fool out of myself#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby taco2 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When you guys are talking about Clyde/TB, or TB/Cldye cross being hunter jumpers, you must be tlaking about horses that have quite a bit of TB in them!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have 2 Clyde/TB crosses that we use as our wagon/sleigh rides.  They both stand 16.2HH and weigh about 1650 LBS, there is no way that you could strap an english saddle on these bad boys and expect them to get their huge bodies over any jump!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They are from a REG. TB mare, and a REG. Clyde stud.  So, they are 1/2 and 1/2.  But the crosses you are talking about must be more like 3/4, 1/4 right?  Enlighten me please.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Errr.....no...a lot are talking about crosses like yours, Taco2. Split half and half. And yes, they stick a saddle on and go for a ride. Heck I've even seen a full Clyde competing in jumping and doing well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#At my barn one of the horses is Clyde/Morgan and he's built very correct and is nice to ride. His movement is big, and  his stride covers a lot of ground, surprising for what he is. At the barn's schooling show gymkhana he had the fastes barrel racing time, up against QH's, Appendixes and Arabians. We were all very surprised.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But the ones that are 3/4 TB usually look more refined and are sportier.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought you had some QH/Percherons that you ride, right? They're not much different.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling