I NEED SOME HELP

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

I NEED SOME HELP

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok im in a delema.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#recently my bf has fell IN LOVE with the 8 month old foal.. he is the cutest sweetest thing ever... BUT hes a little bit behind at the knees.. is that a REALLY bad thing.. all my bf wants is a pet and something to go hacking on,,*in a few years of coarse) i would really like another opionion.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If he's sound and otherwise in good shape, and just for a hack horse, okay..but it worries me that there are huge conformational faults at a young age. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There are so many nice, broke horses for the same price, I would keep looking. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Adell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think I would agree to keep looking.  Like graciespook said there is a lot of other nice broke horses out there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Adell Equine Broker#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#www.geocities.com/gamblingadell#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmmm a few questions you have to ask yourself#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#1) Can you train this horse/ know someone who will?#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#2) Do you or your BF have money for that?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#3) Since hes in love now, will it stay for the next 5 years untill he is able to be broke? *i know no one wait untill 5 years but even 3 years is a long time!*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#4) If the colt developes a disease or huge soundness problem and becomes unridable...is your BF pre-paired for that?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#5) I understand/guessing you will help him out, but if are busy sometimes does he know what to do? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#6) Does he have money for gelding, vet bills, farrier bills, exc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't know any backround info on him... but if he can answer yes to those he should go for it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If no, keep looking. I understand what he may be feeling my coach got 2 weanlings, but what i do when she gets horses for 're-sale' ( she sold them and out wonderfull BO's got them back.... Why? because they are not very smart!! ) I just don't get attached..i call everything mare, gelding, stuf, babys exc. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He probably could find something for a bit more money but already broke and has been on trails and stuff. Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#..and too, if I let myself be taken by every horse that I liked, I'd have a whole barn full of them ;) I've learned when to say 'no'#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling