Falling off clinic

Post your announcement about an upcoming show, clinic, seminar or other event.

Moderator: EC

Falling off clinic

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't know if they exist, but i think they are a good idea! lol, does anyone know if they do exist? / know of any of them? Kinda a dumb post but...w/e#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Why would you pay money to go to a clinic to learn how to fall off.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now saying this I was taught when I was 13 to jump off my horse and tuck and roll, we even had to do it from a canter.   But there is no way now that I would for the fun of it jump off my horse to practice falling off.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So no I don't think such a thing exists.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#now a staying on for dear life clinic I think more people would want to go to... hmm kinda like cowboys at the rodeo!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol! Yeah a staying on for dear life clinic would be great, but why i would pay money? So i know how to fall off and not get hurt! Sure i could try myself but i would be broken! Im sure they teach the cowboys how to fall, they teach little kids how because theyre dumb and think its fun. I don't enjoy falling. My brother had body checking clinic for hockey.. i think stupid people like me would pay to fall off-correctly.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#just a thought though..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I learned by practice - not intentional practice I might add. Now I can plan a fall to a certain extent on the odd occasion I do come off.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Rodeo Joe » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They don't teach ya how to hit the ground but make sure u hit it runnin' so u don't get run over by the bulls. They teach u how to throw yourself as far as possible to get as far away from the bull as possible.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rodeo Joe
Newbies
Newbies

Postby pmc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I remember wee pmc being taught how to "properly" fall off many years ago.  It was just incorporated as part of her lessons, and although done with a great dose of humour, has certainly come in handy over the years! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Shows, Clinics & Seminars