Need Arabian Names

Names for Horses, Stables, Trucks etc.....Looking for a name? Have a suggestion?

Moderator: EC

Need Arabian Names

Postby goldendryad » Mon May 16, 2005 12:07 pm

My friend's arabian mares are due to pop any day now and it would be
great to brainstorm for names. Fillys or colts....they will likely be
blacks and bays.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
She wants pretty and unique names that sound Arabic or Middle Eastern.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
So post away if you know any good ones.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Mon May 16, 2005 2:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did a google search for Arabic baby names. Here's a decent site #ed_op#A href="http://www.babynameguide.com/categoryarabic.asp?strCat=Arabic"#ed_cl#http://www.babynameguide.com/categoryarabic.asp?strCat=Arabic#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like Akilah for a little filly. It means wise.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby taco2 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#RASHID (prounced #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#rah shead#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#FITAIR  (prounced #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#fie tar#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SHEIK#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ALYDAR#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's all I could come up with off the top of me head, but I recall a really nice sounding name for a Arabians in the movie HILDALGO, but they escape me right now, I'll check into that one for ya!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eclipse » Wed May 25, 2005 2:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One of my friends picked up an atlas and chose a middle eatsern city or region names. I just took a look in the big atlas here and there are some nice looking names. A bit too many to list though, but if your friend has an atlas maybe it's an idea to take a look in it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~off all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most~
Eclipse
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Nienke » Thu May 26, 2005 10:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And which name has she chosen Eclipse?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here another site with arabian names on it:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.pyramidarabians.com/names/"#ed_cl#http://www.pyramidarabians.com/names/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can also make a name with a bit of each parent's name..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Nienke
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Jazzy Bey » Thu May 26, 2005 6:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, generally Arabian names are a combination of (at least) teh stallions name, and sometimes the mare.  Or you can use names that go farther back in the pedigree.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Like my old egyptian arabian gelding was Abou Ben Jaftica out of Tammen and SAR Julyane, but farther back a few gnerations (around Nasir and Morafic) Abou came out. One thing I know is that Abou Ben means "Son of Ben" We found that out after we gave him the name. Oh well. Tehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<3 Skippers Eatmydust <3
Jaftica Meadows Arabian Training Center
RIP - My Cookie Monster - Jazzy Bey - Abou Ben Jaftica - Duchess of Marchmont - Rustic Sunrise -
Jazzy Bey
Newbies
Newbies

Postby goldendryad » Fri May 27, 2005 11:36 am

I passed the suggested names on to my friend....she's pretty sure one of her mares is going to foal real soon.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Some of them are already named like that, using the parents names...and
some aren't. She has a huge list now from me and you guys (plus I
looked up lots of Arabic names online) so she now has lots to work with.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Thanks a bunch, and I'll keep you informed when the babies come and what we name them!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Fri May 27, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jazzy Bey, I love the name Abou Ben... as soon as I heard it I thought of this old poem that my father loved...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TD#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=left#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TD#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial color=#800000 size=4#ed_cl#Abou Ben Adhem#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#TD width=120#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TD#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=left#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TD vAlign=top width=20#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#TD vAlign=top#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial color=#800000 size=3#ed_cl#Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And saw, within the moonlight in his room,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#An angel writing in a book of gold:— #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And to the Presence in the room he said#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#"What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And with a look made of all sweet accord,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Answered "The names of those who love the Lord."#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#"And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#But cheerly still, and said "I pray thee, then,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Write me as one that loves his fellow men."#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#It came again with a great wakening light,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And showed the names whom love of God had blessed,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial color=#800000#ed_cl#James Henry Leigh Hunt#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Return to Ultimate Equestrian Name Databank