Name for our puppy...

Names for Horses, Stables, Trucks etc.....Looking for a name? Have a suggestion?

Moderator: EC

Name for our puppy...

Postby Kaleena » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My boyfriend and I are getting a yellow lab puppy (female) in October. She is to be born August 15th and we need to come up with a registered name that starts with R. We want to call her either Abbey or Hannah (or something along the lines of a similar little girl name) and I would like her registered name to have something to do with her call name.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any ideas? Basically we need an R-word that can go infront of the name we want to call her (ie. #ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"#ed_cl#Rambunctious#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# Hannah, Rolly-polly Abbey lol you get the idea)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Razzle Dazzle, Rizzy, Rhienne, Rheba, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby goldendryad » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rabeena (Abbey)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#R Abracadabra (R said like our...Abbey)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#R Absinthe (Abbey)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#R Alabaster (Abbey)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Raehannah (Hannah)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Reehana (Hannah)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rosadora (Dora)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rosalie (Lee)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kaleena » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the suggestions guys :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll let you know what we decide in the end. I do think that we have definitely decided that her family name with be Hannah though, now we just have to find the 'R' word or phrase. It doesn't really matter as we aren't interested in showing her but we don't want her to have a crappie name haha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby taco2 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ROYAL ABBEY#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#REGAL HANNAH#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What are the parents names?  Most purebred dog breeders have a reason for wanting their puppies starting w/a certain letter, or is it just you who are wanting an "r" name?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We had to name our purebred GSP w/ Lorette in the front, as this was the town where our breeder lived. So we came up w/LORETTE'S HICKORY TWIST.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So perhaps if you look in your dogs lines, you may come up w/something?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The 'R' is because the breeder uses a different letter each year, this year is 'R' last year was 'Q' (glad we didn't get that one!). Sort of like TB racehorse tatoos I guess. Not sure if that is something that only this lab breeder does or if its something common to all. She will also have the kennel name infront of the 'R'... So it will be Adamsway R____. Thanks for the suggestions!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Positively4thStreet » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They do that with warmbloods, too, it just makes it easier for the breeders to reference what year the puppy was born.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby zooka » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#how about something lke Adamsway Royal Hannah?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby taco2 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If the dog is registered w/the CKC, then the tattoo that it has will also be a reference to the year it was born, as they establish the year with certain letters, or combination of letters.  ANYWAYS.........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like ADAMSWAY ROYAL HANNAH (has a nice ring to it)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Ultimate Equestrian Name Databank