Show Name for my Grey Gelding!

Names for Horses, Stables, Trucks etc.....Looking for a name? Have a suggestion?

Moderator: EC

Show Name for my Grey Gelding!

Postby Ace Coach » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am looking for a cute hunter show name for my Appendix Gelding, he is rising 6, cute as a button and about 16.0 h.  He is a hunter and moves very nicely.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any suggestions would be appreciated.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sherri :O#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ace Coach
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What's his barn name?? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#For a grey, I like the name Gunsmoke--implies hunting etc as well as the colour. Plus it was a great TV show if you're old enough to remember it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you don't want to be so obvious but you like that connection, how about Bonanza ?? (I was in love with Little Joe and his paint!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Dream_Merchant » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:39 am

<font color=#006699><b><i>
Could you post a picture of him for us at all??

Names that I could think of would be:
Grey Ghost
Tithonus
Manuscript (my foal is named that lol)
Greyscale
Backdraft
Alhana Elham

*shrugs* Pictures help! lol
</i></b></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby Eileen » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:49 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#well since your horse is a "hunter" perhaps the name "Bowman" would be appropriate. #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby taco2 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OOKEY DOOKEY SMOKEY#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(I used to work at the race track, and they had a race horse w/that name)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EARL GREY#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GUNSMOKE (like that one too!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#JE SUIS GRIS (I am grey in french)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *rickie* » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I say Silver Shadow....but that's just cause my grey arab was named that, and I just LOVE that name!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Other than that all I can think of is:#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#-Cloudy Day#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#-Overcast! (I really like this one!)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby ericapony3 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Taco2, I like the name Earl Grey, there's a horse at one of the barns I ride at whose show name is Earl Grey. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Something cute? How about#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chase the Clouds#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Head in the Clouds#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Casper the Friendly Ghost#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Starstruck#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Silver Charm#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
ericapony3
Newbies
Newbies

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya.. i know i think 2 horses/ponies with Earl Grey as their show name so it might not be the best suggestion! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really like Overcast! But here are some additional suggestions for you:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Phantom #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Caesar's Ghost#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tornado #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Summer Storm#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rigel (a star)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Capilet (Sir Andrew Aguecheek's grey horse in Shakespear's Twelfth Night)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eos (one of the horses of Aurora--the dawn--in Greek mythology)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Of these, my favorite is Caesar's Ghost. An Australian&nbsp;friend of mine used to say this all the time as an exclamation when something was surprising or very funny. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Return to Ultimate Equestrian Name Databank