show name for sweet gelding

Names for Horses, Stables, Trucks etc.....Looking for a name? Have a suggestion?

Moderator: EC

show name for sweet gelding

Postby ericapony3 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BARN NAME: LANCE#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Breed: Something like Welsh Mountain Pony. He's built like a cob, around 14hh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gender: Gelding#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Age: 15-20#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Personality: Lazy, loves to work. Odd combination I know but it's very, very true. He loves to go out and stuff, he just really needs a lot of leg and encouragement. He has a very gentle disposition.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anybody have any ideas for show names for Lance? It doesn't matter if they're not related to his barn name.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Erica#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
ericapony3
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My son says to call him Lance Legstrong. lol #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol! Cute TM!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What are his parent's names?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby ericapony3 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure what his parents' names are. I came up with #ed_op#U#ed_cl#Sir Lancelot#ed_op#/U#ed_cl# but it doesn't seem to suit him very well seeing as he's never in a hurry to save anything.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//lick.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
ericapony3
Newbies
Newbies

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#do u want the show name to ahve Lance in it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Why not take the Sir Lancelot idea a little further, and choose a name from the Arthurian legend? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#King Arthur's horse was called Lamri. Here are some other names from this story:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Avalon (a place name)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Galahad (Lancelot's son)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Camelot (King Arthur's city)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Merlin (the sorcerer)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Camlan (site of Arthur's last battle)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Percival#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tristan#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Joyous Gard (Lancelot's castle)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Arthurian legend. My favorite version is Mary Stewart's trilogy. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Return to Ultimate Equestrian Name Databank