Clever Names

Names for Horses, Stables, Trucks etc.....Looking for a name? Have a suggestion?

Moderator: EC

Clever Names

Postby Trufflemaker » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought it would be kinda neat to start a thread with cool barn/show name combinations--either horses we've known, or names we just think up, like the ones Taco2 posted in another thread:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#NAME:                SHOW NAME#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shady.................(Just a Bit Shady)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Misty..................(Maid of the Mist)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Smoke(y)............(Red Hot Rumours)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mistique..............(#ed_op#EM#ed_cl#I think that's nice as both a show name/barn name#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shadow...............(Me and My Shadow)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cinders................(Smokey Cinders)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pepper.................(Salt N Pepper)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cricket.................(Evening Song)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Smokey...............Smoke & Mirrors#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know two horses whose names I think are really clever:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gypsy...................Tell My Fortune#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hector..................What the Heck#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So??? How about it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby HappilyEverAfter » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My pony's showname is Happily Ever After for a reason...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had been without a mount for 9 months and was desperatley looking for a horse to ride, train and eventually show. Beauty is a pony at my barn who isnt in our theraputic program and no one was riding. She is NOT a pony who does well with extended "breaks"!!! So one day I asked to ride her and the rest is pretty much history!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#After a month or two of "arguing" over doing hunter/jumper (I'm a jumper but, as I found out, she is not), we finally found a discipline that we can both enjoy and excell at- Dressage!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She really is my "Happily Ever After"- we cant wait for show/clinic season!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
HappilyEverAfter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Show name for Dusty is "Eat My Dust". Not because hes fast, but he is ALWAYS DUSTY! So when we go running his dust flies off of him!This name just suites him perfectly. If you saw him and rode him you to would understand.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby bobbybabe » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#my horses name is bobby and his show name is boy oh boy(get it??? b-o-b)and its cute#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

~palominos are horses made of gold~
Jessye & Bobby
bobbybabe
Newbies
Newbies

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol bobbybabe thats so cute!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a horse named Tequila Sunrise, and I call him Tequila for short, but sometimes I am lazy and just call him Quila....well, I yelled Quila!! once day and my mom thought that I was saying Killer!!! She thought that it was a great name for him because he tried to nip her (playfully...he's not mean at all) and she got scared....so now I (jokingly0 call him Killer #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by PerfectAngel on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Ultimate Equestrian Name Databank