Pix of my new farm! - UPDATED with BARN PIX!!

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Postby Lix » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow MacNRio!!!! It's great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love it!  It would have been really nice to have a pic of the barn though...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/19.gif"#ed_cl# lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The house is not as small as I had pictured.  How many bedrooms?  Honnestly, I'm with everyone else, I could care less of my house if I had a barn like that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Love the fencing.  *drool*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So happy for you!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby MacnRio » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, you are SO right! lol  And thanks for planning it all WITHOUT MY INPUT!  lmao#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jax, I'm now not sure you are invited! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks taco. Yup, it is red steel and white trim. I love the look too.  Yup, take in a few borders.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If we go buy at some point I'll get a picture of the barn. Geez, how could my dad forget the barn! DUH! Lix, thats about what I did to him when I found out! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I'd rather have the wood fence and a smaller house, then a big house and crappy fencing! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:45 pm

It's a lovely place! Looks very sweet and cozy. I am a firm bliever in
small, cozy homes over big ones. The paddocks look nice, and what a
lovely barn! In no time you will be getting yourself enough horses to
fill those stalls. Didn't anyone ever tell you that rule of horse
ownership?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Sounds like a happy little acreage. Way to go!!!!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Mon May 02, 2005 7:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, so I gave my dad enough grief that, for some reason I'm not totally sure of...... they were heading out that way and they stopped by the road and took some more pictures of the farm.  Most from a distance, but it gives you an idea of the layout of the property, and shows you the barn....... and how much bigger it is then the house! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll put them in as a link to my webshots because there were 6 more pictures. The first 4 are the ones from the beginning of this thread, the last 6 are new. #ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/album/331807169pWFMbH"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/album/331807169pWFMbH#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#2 months and its MINE....... Anyone wanna come help me pack??? :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bluebird » Mon May 02, 2005 9:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#*Sigh* once again I have to say I am totally jealous - I LOVE your barn....perfect size, perfect condition....who even cares about the house!  As long as the barn is nice!  What are you going to call your farm?  MacNSplash Acres?  Painted Acres?  I think you should give it a name for sure.........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, and I will be the first one to say - no, I will not help you pack! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl#  Moving is my nemesis!  But I will bring lots of yummy treats to your bbq.....!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

My Man!! Dualin' Pistols - 5 year old AQHA reining/cutting bred gelding by Dualin Gun (Dual Pep, Peppy San Badger bloodlines)

Life is Simple. Eat. Sleep. Rein.
Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon May 02, 2005 9:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh wow, it's great! I love it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The facility looks very well maintained- definitely a bonus.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, the house doesn't look that small. How many bedrooms? You know, since the basement is unfinished you can do what you want with it, so if you decide you want to make a big bedroom down there, or a large family room, or another bathroom, go for it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually, that's what my parents had done with my house. We moved from a large 4 bedroom house (that was only 6 years old- very nice house, even had an open concept family plus the 4 bedrooms) to a one floor house that had two bedrooms only. So my parents had the entire house renovated. Now I'm the only one upstairs in what was the master bedroom and the other bedroom is a spare with my mom's treadmill, then in the basement there are two large bedrooms (one is my parents, the other my brothers share), the family room, laundry room and bathroom. So all in all, it's the same as our old house, just more compacted. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Really nice pics, Mac!  It gives us a better idea of what the whole property looks like.  And I *love* the flower-beds across the front yard...verrry nice!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm with BB...I'm not good with packing, but I'll bring LOTS of goodies to your BBQ too!  I can't wait to see the place in person!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Once again, I am very happy and excited for you.  It's a great little property.  You were wise to spend a bit more but get a place that's in virtually move-in condition.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Tue May 03, 2005 7:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So gorgeous!!  And so jealous! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby MacnRio » Tue May 03, 2005 7:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jax, I posted more pixs JUST so you would be jealous #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BB, I do have a registered farm name - got it a few months ago actually! lol&nbsp; #ed_op#FONT face="Arial Black" color=#00007f size=4#ed_cl#"Horsin' Around Acres" #ed_op#FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3#ed_cl#is the name!&nbsp; I coulda done "MacnRio Farms" hmmm.... And I thought about Painted Acres, but I think it is taken.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, I like the flower beds too...... Some really neat plants in there. Not sure I like those cedar hedges there...... I know they are there for windbreak, and snowdrifting, privacy, etc.. but they look so pathetic! lol&nbsp; Would prefer evergreen trees I think. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GU, 3 bedrooms, one bathroom. Bedrooms are weee.&nbsp; Yeah, we can finish the basement, maybe in the future, when there *might* be some extra money! lol&nbsp; There is also lots of room to add on to the house - again in the future when there is extra money (is there such a thing?!).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmmm, sounds like I now HAVE to have this BBQ with everyone bringing goodies. And I have it from Abby that she would be coming with her cheesecake #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue May 03, 2005 8:36 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great pics Mac, give one the whole picture of just what you got there.&nbsp; I think that the house is fine, and the unfinished basement is great for storage...just ask me...there is hardly room for anything else in my basement...that is also where I keep the freezer, washer, second fridge, etc etc...lots of etc....lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Bluebird » Tue May 03, 2005 5:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whoops!&nbsp; I had a brain fart there.....I forgot it's MacNRio now and not MacNSplash anymore..... don't you hate it when you get sucked into a time warp like that......?&nbsp; Anyway, I think the name you chose is really cute...you're planning on boarding, right?&nbsp; I think it looks like the perfect boarding facility...all you need is an outdoor ring and you'll be set!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

My Man!! Dualin' Pistols - 5 year old AQHA reining/cutting bred gelding by Dualin Gun (Dual Pep, Peppy San Badger bloodlines)

Life is Simple. Eat. Sleep. Rein.
Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Wed May 04, 2005 10:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#*drooling profusely*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MacNRio, again congrats.&nbsp; I think the whole setting is just amazing.&nbsp; I loooooove the barn.&nbsp; I want to build something just like that, maybe a tad smaller.&nbsp; It's brilliant and you can tell how much thought was put into everything.&nbsp; The fencing, the paddocks, wow girl, you are going to be in heaven.&nbsp; So, so, so happy for you.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby MacnRio » Wed May 04, 2005 10:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BB, didn't even notice you said MacnSplash. And it is confusing when my webshots name is MacnSplash. But speaking of Splash, the people who bought her absolutely ADORE her.&nbsp; It makes me sooo happy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyways, back on topic..... Thank you about the name, I wanted something "fun" and "light". Yup, plan on taking a few borders. Outdoor ring is a prority once we get there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Lix.&nbsp; The guy did do an awesome job of laying the place out.&nbsp; REALLY lucked into this place!&nbsp; Yeah, it will be heaven..... sigh....... lol (Until I have the bbq and I'm descended on........ LMAO #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl#).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Told my fiance we ARE having an EC BBQ in July/Aug. He said "lets get settled first", and rolled his eyes. Heck, we'll just send him away #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;hee hee hee&nbsp; I think he's just afraid to be ina&nbsp; crowd of that many women...... and HORSE women! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Wed May 04, 2005 12:15 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I know that I must have gone by that place a thousand times or more...and you know I can't rmember it....lol&nbsp; I will have to be more aware of my surroundings...funny though I am always taking second looks at horse places as I pass by...I wonder why I don't end up in the ditch...?&nbsp; lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu May 05, 2005 9:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hee hee...but who will make the food in the rain if you send him away? I'm sure everyone on EC will be nice#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So you sold Splash did you? I missed that one somehow, and have been wondering about that actually.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Fri May 06, 2005 8:21 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Hey Mac!...guess what...I drove past your new farm yesterday on my way home...it is soooo pretty, and I think that there is all kinds of potential for some good riding trails once you get settled in..&nbsp; and you are in such a pretty part of that county...love it....good choice on your part....lol&nbsp; #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Fri May 06, 2005 8:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hahaha GU, too true.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, it is nice, isn't it?! I can't WAIT to move!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GU, I sold splash, oh gee, don't remember how long ago. A coupla months to a family for the 12 yr old son. They absolutely LOVE her.&nbsp; Ride her all the time, have WONDERFUL things to say about her.&nbsp; I am SOOO glad I hung onto her the little bit extra and she got an awesome home.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eclipse » Thu May 12, 2005 4:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aaaaaahhh... you're so lucky! And 'm so jealous!!! Over here (in Holland) we can only dream of ever owning such a place... *sigh* I wish you lots of happiness in your (soon to be) new home. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~off all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most~
Eclipse
Newbies
Newbies

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery