Ganaraska Trail Pics **More Added Below**

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Ganaraska Trail Pics **More Added Below**

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On Sunday I went with Jax and some friends to the Ganaraska to trail ride for the day. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We rode a total of approx. 21 km's and it was GREAT!! :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eja was amazing, she behaved so well (except when she stepped on my toe #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and made my lunch go flying LOL), she was just like a good ol' trail pony and I'm SO pleased!! : #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All the horses were wonderful and it was a great time! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, so I just thought I'd add a few pics that I thought were cute :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000bf#ed_cl#Can I PLEASE have your apple?? Pleeease?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/143_4348.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000bf#ed_cl#Fine! I'll just take it!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/143_4347.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000bf#ed_cl#On The Trail (i'm on the left, in the green)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/143_4342.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Dee22 on Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Looks like you have fun!! What a beautiful horse!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Gracie :) She's getting there! She's actually starting to have muscle #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#where fat once was! LOL! And she looks WAY happier than the 'empty' looking#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#mare I brought home a year ago.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We did have a great time and I think we're going back again in September.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think I'm addicted!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby horsemad! » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice pics!  Eja is looking awesome! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to go on all the charity trail rides in the area and had a blast on my last horse so I know what you're talking about. Its so much fun and relaxing and for some reason the horses take it so much better than your run of the mill hack you take outside the barn. She looks great, keep up the good work!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby jax » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And let's not forget the new friends we made along the way...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 524px; HEIGHT: 355px" height=670 src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/tishmoo/143_4334.jpg" width=924#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great pics Dee! I agree that Eja looks awesome. Love the first picture, the caption fits it perfectly :)&nbsp;Looks like you guys both had a great time!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/143_4341.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/143_4340.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/143_4354.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby jax » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ummm, yeah, that fuzzy headed person would be me.&nbsp; The first one, my friend said "I'm too close to take the picture" so I helpfully leaned back.&nbsp; She took the picture. #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/confused.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/confused.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl#&nbsp; Very flattering. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The second we're just hanging around.&nbsp; Must find better fitting breeches.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The third is Moo, searching for something for lunch.&nbsp; As you can see, she is no longer black, but a lovely seal colour #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Littlegreymare » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Glad you had fun :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Why bother wearing the helmet though? Is it just to keep the bugs out of your hair?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#tsk tsk tsk ;)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the compliments guys :) Eja has been coming along nicely, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#especially since we've had a few bumps in the road here and there requiring time off!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kaleena - I LOVE that first pic too, she looks so cute LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LGM - LOL, I highly doubt my helmet would stay on during a fall... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#but for some reason I feel naked without it #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think, in all the years I have been riding (approx. 16) I have ever ridden without a helmet!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It DID help to keep the rain off my head though ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Dee22 on Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ladies...those horses are looking great. nice pics dee - looks like you all had a ton of fun!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Eileen » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:56 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Oh I am sooo jealous, that you are close enough to the Gani to go for the day.&nbsp; I did not make it up there this year and probably will not the way things look now.&nbsp; It is a beautiful area for riding.&nbsp; It looks like you had a great day but wasn't it raining there on Sunday....I was in the general area on my way home from Rice Lake and it was rainging enough that I had the windshield wipers going most of the day...But I am glad that you had such a great day....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT - Thank ya :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen - Yes, we're lucky enough to be about a 20 minute drive from our barn! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Honestly,&nbsp;I could do a ride like that every weekend! Love it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yes, it was raining on and off the whole day... it wasn't bad in the trees, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#we mostly just got drips in the morning, rained a little harder before we went back #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#for lunch but luckily it stopped just as we got back. It lightly rained during most of our #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#second trail and started raining harder when we got back... we untacked and loaded up #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#in pretty steady rain but nothing too bad.... LOL we *were* wet but I wasn't about to complain! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL.... it was warm enough that we didn't feel chilly :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby twopointrdr » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm just curious... are these trails in Ontario?&nbsp; Would they have been within a decent drive from Simcoe, ON?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I remember when I was working there, we went conditioning the horses on some trails I believe it was in a provincial park and it was all just miles and miles of wonderful trails through the bushes like that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
twopointrdr
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Shoal » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:29 pm

Looks like a blast!

Jax, My friends black gelding is that same colour now after all the sun we've had. She likes to call him her bay now!
Shoal

Postby jax » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Twopointrdr, yup, they're in Ontario, and wouldn't be too far from Simcoe.&nbsp; It is just off the 115, get off at Kirby, go past the ski hills and it's just past there (through Kendal, near Millbrook).&nbsp; Here is the website, and there is a map in there.&nbsp; It'll cost you $10 to get in, but the central forest doesn't allow motorized vehicles, so it's great.&nbsp; There are a bunch of loop trails of varying lenghts, and the trails are all well marked and well maintained. #ed_op#A href="http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm"#ed_cl#http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The rain wasn't too bad at all.&nbsp; For the most part it didn't get through the trees.&nbsp; It was nice because the horses didn't get too hot or too thirsty.&nbsp; Great temperature, actually.&nbsp; Of course it would have been nicer if it wasn't raining, but we didn't really care.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jax that horse is very familiar..tell me about him/her!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice pics looks like lots of fun#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My horse?&nbsp; She's a 13 year old TB mare, used to be a broodmare.&nbsp; And in the winter, she's black with no markings.&nbsp; In the summer...not so much.&nbsp; I've had her for over 4 years.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to Photo Gallery