NEW!!....Photos of Punch my 2yr old!

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

NEW!!....Photos of Punch my 2yr old!

Postby spotz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:36 am

Ok....at long last I have some new photo's of Punch for you guys to see....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
My little runty ugly duckling has grown up to be a swan!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I even have a few photos of our coach riding on him the other day for
the first time, out in the big ring!(was only being ridden in the
roundpen before)  I finally rode him the other day for the first
time & he was a total star!!  I will get photos of me on him
next week!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Enjoy..... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
My BIG BOY!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
16.1hh & still growing strong!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/5434221/108786122.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/5434221/108786648.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/5434221/108786889.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Now....THAT IS BUM HIGH...LOL!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/8170977/108786066.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/8170977/108789315.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/8170977/108789326.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/5434025/108788625.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img style="width: 582px; height: 385px;" src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/5434025/108788603.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Just a little canter for a few strides.......#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL489/2222604/5434025/108788583.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Our coach is no small guy!!.......& makes our 16.2hh horses look small!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I am going to start riding him next week alternate days & by the end of the month it will be ONLY ME!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I am so proud of my BIG GOOF!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Sorry...his spots & roaning don't really show up in the photo's!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dream_Merchant » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:52 am

<font face='times new roman' size=2 color=#609A9F><i>
Cute horse!! But errr.... *sqeezes at seeing a 2 year old been ridden* -- sorry, that's just my err... thing... merph.

Can I be so bold to say, that it's also interesting to see your coach riding in sneakers?!?! :?

Anyway...

Totally off subject -- are you the same Spotz that used to go to HorseChat.com when it was open???</i></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby jax » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very cute - he's growing up nicely!&nbsp; But...uhhh...where's his tail? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Shoal » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am

he does have a small tail, but i'm sure that will come in time too! :wink:

he's a cute boy.
Shoal

Postby zooka » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol I was wondering about the tail to.&nbsp; He is very nice and leggy!!!&nbsp; Is that how your coach always rides?&nbsp; Seems like street clothes I would not think that would be comfy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Japke » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#same comment as Dream.....riding a two-year-old is like making a teenager run a marathon....not healthy....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#but he's a very cute boy...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Japke
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kobau » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#gonna be a big boy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have no qualms with a 2 yr old being ridden as long as it isn't hard and it is for short times, and then they get time off for the winter. it is when they are started and never get a break that i get upset.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#is your coach riding in sneakers??? pls tell me those are those ride and run things!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Believe me, Punch is a solid enough 2yo that he can handle the light riding he is getting right now. Spotz is very careful with her horses and knowledgable; she has started enough babies to know what they can and can't do. I'm also of the school that if your young horse offers it; take it. Your horse knows it's limit better than you do and they rarely have any problems with sharing it with you! I believe in starting them at 2.5ish if they can handle it. By that just getting on, getting your basics, walk, little bit of trot, a little canter if they offer, get your stopping and do some exposure. But that's just my opinion and it's worked out wonderfully for me in the past, as i know it has for Spotz too. Believe me, Punch is not cantering around all the time he is u/s, Spotz just wanted to show off his awesome gaits and what a good boy he is, and he looks great Spotz! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I will come up again shortly to see your coach on him :D #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby spotz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:46 am

Yes I am the same spotz&nbsp; the other BB!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Marleys horse Trouble had the same tail at 2yrs old &amp; you have seen
photos of him now....a beautiful tail...so I know with time &amp;
shapleys MTG he will have one too!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
It'f funny that ALL my 1/2 TB/Appy's have georgeous tails &amp; the 3/4 TB/Appy doesn't...LOL!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
WOW...it looks like the critical vultures are out in full
force....didn't know formal dress was mandatory for photos posted here!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I don't understand some of you guys......do you think the horse is
ridden for a 1/2 hour of real work or something??&nbsp; Try like 15
minutes!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Do you think he really does anything more than walk &amp; trot &amp; learn steering &amp; whoa??#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
.....oh... maybe a canter for a few strides&nbsp; BUT only if he chooses to.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
People...get a grip!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I had the vet check that his knees were closed before starting him!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I break all my horses at 2yrs old &amp; never work them hard EVER!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I also have never had any soundness issues with any of my horses in
their life........from the old 28yr old to the babies...&amp; I have
owned them all from babies!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
If&nbsp; I would have waited for this monster to be 3 before backing
him I could see someone getting hurt &amp; a nice horse being
ruined!&nbsp;&nbsp; He is a really big boy &amp; a COLT....I didn't to
be dealing with a strong pushy 3yr old who knows he is big &amp; uses
it against me!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I think that people who don't train youngsters on a regular basis
really just don't know that you are NOT working the horse very much at
this stage of their life...they just have to be very lightly worked on
a regular basis to keep them learning......mostly at a walk &amp;
trot.....it's NOT the length of time in the saddle,&nbsp; it's putting
in regular scheduled time in the roundpen &amp; in the saddle!!&nbsp; #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
If done properly, backing at this age shouldn't hurt him!&nbsp; #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I am sure you all ride your horses for alot longer &amp; harder than I ride mine!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
As for the clothes........WHY ARE YOU JUDGING SOMEONES
CLOTHES???....those are riding running shoes people...heels down
sneakers anyone??&nbsp; Remember them??....&amp; I don't always ride in
official riding clothes all the time....give me a break!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I know alot of men who won't wear breeches &amp; boots unless showing!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Considering he used to work &amp; back ALL of Barb Bowens young horses,
&amp; also rides for Barb Mitchell &amp; Rob Carrey, I think he knows
what he's doing!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Gee....I thought I was just posting photos for you all to see how big
the runt got.....didn't know proper dress was being judged!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I am also selling him, &amp; backed horses just sell better than unbroken ones!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I am surprised that you don't go telling all the fat riders to lose
weight because their poor horses are suffering!&nbsp; Do you really
know how much weight an average horse can carry??&nbsp; #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Oh well.......:(#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:59 am

Wow he looks lovely Spotz! Very nice indeed. I can't wait to see pics
of his colour starting. I wonder if he will be one of those guys with a
different coat every year. He looks great for his age, so nice an
leggy. Congrats on your good big boy!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby horsemad! » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's very handsome, Spotz! &nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/20.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp; When you say you'll get his tail growing using Shapley's MTG, do you mean the spray on detangler stuff or do they have another product specifically for growing in tails?&nbsp; I'm dealing with a horse with 1/2 tail right now... the other 1/2 was found chewed off by one of this "brothers" in the run in shed. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Spotz, dont worry, I agree with you on the riding. Any of the horses I have helped break have always been 2 y/o... There is nothing wrong with it if you know the limits. Heck MY HORSE was 2 when she was broke, she was broke in the fall, had a little walk/trot work done and spent the winter getting played with... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I left her until she was 3 or 4 she would have been an ego-hungry alpha mare who didnt listen. At least right now she has some level of respect for people if not other horses. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very pretty baby though by the way!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby sugar » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice looking boy.&nbsp; Nice to see I am not the only one who trains/hacks in jeans and sneakers... :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And as far as I am concerned: #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#rider weight&nbsp;+ saddle/tack weight = to or &lt; than horse's weight/4 #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#means the horse is fine with the weight of the rider.&nbsp; Assuming the horse is not obese/underweight/injured.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for the horse's knees, as long as they are closed and the lesson time is short with only light work, and suiting the horses readiness to learn, there is no reason not to start a youngster.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#To me I see it as a&nbsp;kind of&nbsp;late imprinting, making things go so much better when it is a 4-5 yr old ready for real work.&nbsp; I believe they develop a healthier attitude towards work as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know people that cycle yearlings through the entire process short of riding the horse for the same reason, horse's mind&nbsp;wants to learn and play and interact with humans, body just isn't ready for real work.&nbsp; They teach what they can and when it is ready for backing the rest falls into place nicely.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Hey Spotzy, leave the fat riders out of this #ed_op#IMG src="http://forum.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#HM - Yes, there is a product from Shapley's for just growing hairs :D Worked like a charm on Dream's totaly scratched off forelock and tail...people always comment on how beautiful his tail is ;)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby horsemad! » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So this miracle hair growing product...&nbsp; does anyone have a name for it?&nbsp; My poor, pretty Trakehner looks like a yearling with the tail he's been left with! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:47 am

horsemad! wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So this miracle hair growing product...&nbsp; does anyone have a name for it?&nbsp; My poor, pretty Trakehner looks like a yearling with the tail he's been left with! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shapelys Mane And Tail Grow :D #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:59 am

Sodapoppers wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Hey Spotzy, leave the fat riders out of this #ed_op#IMG src="http://forum.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#LOL SP - we both know what she means!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#guys...really...haven ridden with spotz on numerous occassions, and her horses on nurmerous occassions, and hung out with her &amp; our coach, i can in all possible honesty say - get real!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#spotz would never do anythig to her horses that they weren't ready for, nor would she conitnue to allow hard riding on them if she didn't feel they could take it. i know our coach, he's a fantastic coach &amp; rider, and he's all about what's good for the horse as well. if he didn't think punch was ready, he wouldn't pop on him for 15-20 minutes, and spotz wouldn't let him if she had any doubts!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#punch is a big fella and a colt, and i don't see how 15 minutes a few times a week will hurt or hinder his progress, in fact i think the benefits are immense for a colt like him. it's also better for spotz to have him backed if someone decides to buy him, and heck - better for the buyer too - they don't have to back a big brute like him, and they get to know he's been backed quietly &amp; patiently with some good people working with him.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#with all this talk about when to back a horse, etc...really - isn't it up to the individual in the end, when they feel their horse is ready. spotz even had the vet out to look at him prior to backing to be safe! give credit where credit is due, and even if you don't agree with how she's training her horses, at least say "hey, nice looking colt" or " wow! he's a big fella!"#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#BTW - nothing wrong with riding in jeans &amp; riding runners!! this is backing a 2 year old folks, not a nationally televised show! i ride in my jeans &amp; chaps all the time - chastize me if you must...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#but i digress...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#spotz - punch is looking great! i can see how much fantastic work you &amp; coach have done with him!! you can sort of see his roaning in a few of the pics, but last year he looked solid bay!! LOL at his tail....good ole shapleys should help with that! he's gonna be a big gorgeous guy!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#like i keep saying - i'm hoping to get up there soon..i'm just do darn busy all the time!! maybe you can get some pics next time i'm up, so i can "critiqued" as well, LOL!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby horsemad! » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:19 pm

sodapoppers wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shapelys Mane And Tail Grow :D #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Thanks!&nbsp;&nbsp; So I guess I bought the wrong stuff... *sigh*&nbsp; What else is new?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#happy appy use MTG... boy does it stink bad! It does help her appys tail which grows very poorly though#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lokukac » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello Sneaker-Party,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it is not about being a pretty rider. It is about being in&nbsp;a safe mood. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Perhaps the western stirrups are not so bad, but the english stirrup irons can easily catch the shoe. When you are riding - specially a green horse - you don't want to fall and leave your feet stuck in the stirrup. Soooooooooo, that is why rather boots...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyways, coach is over 18, it is his #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#responsibility#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The age of the horse is Spotz's... But I would not ride him sooner than 3 - just because I am a lazy person, and I like to be effective.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Spotz, this colt has gorgeous bones! Good looking guy! Congratulation!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lokukac
Groupie
Groupie

Next

Return to Photo Gallery