Great Show Today!

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Great Show Today!

Postby Sodapoppers » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:26 pm

[color=indigo]Have I ever told everyone what an amazing little filly I have? :D:D:D <br />We had a little show today...Dream ended up having to sit this one out because he's got a weird lump (hard and raised and gross) right where his girth goes, and it's painful to him. So it was all up to Harvey today. She wasn't too upset about having to go on the trailer all alone (her first time ever alone) and did really great. She ended up with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths, a 5th, and two 6ths (reserve place). Most of the classes she did were lead line - Halter and Showmanship classes. She had walk / trot ones and a couple w/t/c. I did a command class with her - I swallowed my fear and did it, with MUCH persuasion and encouragement from Marty Jones :D . We did great! We got 4th out of 8 riders in the command class, so we finished about 1/2 way. yea we got called out because they asked for a reverse and flying lead change in the canter. I don't think so :? Maybe she can do it but i sure can't! Not yet anyways LOL It was my first real canter on her :D Instead of just a few steps on accident here and there lol I got another 4 with her in halter class too. <br /><br />So Marty Jone's sister won the 1st with her in junior showmanship, and won a 6th with her in beginner w/t, and 3rd with her in walk trot over ground poles. They did awesome! Harvey & and MJ got a 5th in equitatin, and a 6th in pleasure. They got a second in the junior horse and pony class, but there were only 2 entries. I guess cause she's not as 'hunter' as the other horse. They both made equal mistakes...but anyways...enough rambling...pictures...<br /><br />Showmanship & w/t (Marty Jone's sis)

Have I ever told everyone what an amazing little filly I have? :D:D:D
We had a little show today...Dream ended up having to sit this one out because he's got a weird lump (hard and raised and gross) right where his girth goes, and it's painful to him. So it was all up to Harvey today. She wasn't too upset about having to go on the trailer all alone (her first time ever alone) and did really great. She ended up with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths, a 5th, and two 6ths (reserve place). Most of the classes she did were lead line - Halter and Showmanship classes. She had walk / trot ones and a couple w/t/c. I did a command class with her - I swallowed my fear and did it, with MUCH persuasion and encouragement from Marty Jones :D . We did great! We got 4th out of 8 riders in the command class, so we finished about 1/2 way. yea we got called out because they asked for a reverse and flying lead change in the canter. I don't think so :? Maybe she can do it but i sure can't! Not yet anyways LOL It was my first real canter on her :D Instead of just a few steps on accident here and there lol I got another 4 with her in halter class too.

So Marty Jone's sister won the 1st with her in junior showmanship, and won a 6th with her in beginner w/t, and 3rd with her in walk trot over ground poles. They did awesome! Harvey & and MJ got a 5th in equitatin, and a 6th in pleasure. They got a second in the junior horse and pony class, but there were only 2 entries. I guess cause she's not as 'hunter' as the other horse. They both made equal mistakes...but anyways...enough rambling...pictures...

Showmanship & w/t (Marty Jone's sis)

Marty Jones:

Me:

^ From left to right...MJ's sis, MJ, Harvey, Me, and in middle, Harvey's newest little admirer from the barn ;)
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:35 pm

Congratulations!!! She looks awesome, what a darling. You should be super duper proud of her!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Marty_Jones » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Harv Was Awsome! Soda was AMAZING in her comand class she was soooo brave, Can't&nbsp; wait till the next show#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dream_Merchant » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:45 am

<font face='times new roman' size=2 color=#609A9F><i>
WOW -- like totally CONGRATES to you both!! That's awesome stuff! Always good when you have a good show like that!</i></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby Chisholm » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go Harvey and SP!!!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She looks great, and way to go on the command class.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great job, everyone!&nbsp; What a little star Harvey is turning out to be.&nbsp; She looks like she has really grown.&nbsp; How tall is she now, Soda??&nbsp; What a good girl, to take everything in stride and perform so well.&nbsp; You must be sooo proud of her! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's fantastic, SP.&nbsp; Your little girl is really growing up, she's looking a lot more elegant now, much less "drafty" than even a few months ago.&nbsp; You have good reason to be proud of her - and you too!!&nbsp; You're doing a great job with her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice pics soda.&nbsp; Harvey is looking amazing she must have been tired after what sounds like a long day!!!&nbsp; Wow did she ever clean up for her age!!!&nbsp; I can not believe how big the pony/horse is behind Harvey in the 4th picture down!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby horsemad! » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Totally OT, but look at those adorable, fat Fjords in the background of one of the photos!!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I saw them, Horsemad!!&nbsp; Aren't they adorable??&nbsp; I sooooooo waaaaaannnnttt one!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL HM - fjords are sooo cute!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP - way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! harv is doign so well, she looks like&nbsp;a darling, as usual!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#awesome job everyone (including MJ &amp; her sis!!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you should all be proud of yourselves &amp; lil harvey!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:46 am

Yea those little Fjords are soooooo cute :D Those girls are with our show team too :wink:

To top things off, Harvey was in season for all this too lol I think all mares should be like her when in season :D lol She is so awesome :love

We also saw Harvey's previous owner there!! :shock: She stood beside Harvey in the line up and kept looking at her, then as soon as they came out she approached us and said she thought that was a filly she saved from the assembly line in Saskatchewan last year...and yep, it was! She and her husband were so happy to know she went to a good home, and her little girl was there and telling me how harvey had been her horse (aww :D) and they really didn't want to sell her because she had so much 'up top', but needed to downsize. They kept her half sister, who is doing wonderful too, and is about the same size as she is, about an inch shorter and had a baby at 3 (an accident when they got her!) :D And I finally found out more - her parents are both pure bred, the mother was a little QH and the father is the Belgian. It was sorta like a PMU place where one stud is turned otu with several mares of the same or varying breeds.

I can't wait till next year, when Harvey's half sister will be at the shows with her too :D

Now if only I could find out stuff about Dream this easily :D
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow that is great that you found out more about Harvey's background.&nbsp; I'm sure the previous owners are very happy that Harvey went to such a good home!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:15 am

Nice to know what little Harvey is too. She actually turned out fairly
fine for a Belgian cross. Some of those Belgians are huge and heavy.
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pony Hunter » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great pics Soda!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby chenders01 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:04 pm

goldendryad wrote:Nice to know what little Harvey is too. She actually turned out fairly#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#fine for a Belgian cross. Some of those Belgians are huge and heavy.
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't forget, GD, that Harvey is only 3-1/2.&nbsp; She's still got a lot of growing to do.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tequila (my mare) is a year older and she has grown a LOT in the short few months I've known her.&nbsp; She was a little over 15hh in February and is now about 15.3hh...and is bum-high again.&nbsp; We are expecting that she will top out at 16hh...yikes!! I wanted a SHORT horse&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/5.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp; She is definitely looking more like a mare now and not a baby.&nbsp; Gotta get me some new pics...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyways...Harvey should continue to grow quite a bit over the next year, and then may continue to fill out for several years more.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#chenders - 16HH is a short horse!!!! besides..i think that they are both at an age where filling out is most of the growing that they'll do, no?? rather than growing&nbsp; "up"....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways - that's awesome news ?SP - you finally know some stuff about lil harv the mystery mare! that's very cool...now next time you shoudl take dream all by himself - maybe a previous owner will turn up to see him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby horsemad! » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For those of you wondering about how long a draft cross will continue to grow...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got Sherman (Belgian x Paint)&nbsp;as a 4 year old at 16.2hh... 2 years later and he's 17hh.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a friend who has a Clyde cross who didn't finish growing (up!) until he was 7.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree, BT, 16hh is small in my world (well, except for my 10hh Shetland).&nbsp;&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welllll,&nbsp;BT, I was really hoping to stay under 16hh because yes, over that height feels really TALL to me!&nbsp; I'm 40, remember, and was hoping to get a horse that I could *easily* mount from the ground, should the need ever arise.&nbsp; Dali was 16.2hh and the ground was a looonnng way down!&nbsp; Leo, my QH, was 15.3hh and even *he* felt too tall at times.&nbsp; I would've been happy had Tequila decided to stop&nbsp;growing at 15.1 or .2hh...but she's already surpassed that&nbsp;&nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually, she is not *too* tall for me yet.&nbsp; I'm 5'6" and if you look at my avatar, where Tequila was about 15hh, I think I look too big on her.&nbsp; So, her added height, and the fact that she is going to continue to fill out, will actually make her about the perfect size for me...if she ever stops growing!!&nbsp; I know that QHs and Paints tend to be built downhill, so I am reeeaaally hoping that Tequila's withers catch up with her bum!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yes, it is a fallacy that certain breeds stop growing sooner than others.&nbsp; ALL horses, regardless of breed, grow at the same rate.&nbsp; QH's and Paints only *look* more full-grown because they are usually of a heavier build than some of your lighter breeds (such as TBs).&nbsp; Most horses don't completely finish growing until they are 6 or 7.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL chenders &amp; HM.....i like' em tall! and i'm not quite 5'4" (just under, about 5' 3 3/4" to be exact!!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i just figured given their age.....#ed_op#EM#ed_cl#eventually#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# they'll start to fill out more than up (as we all do!)...and with any luck, for chenders sake, that'll be soon!! tee hee...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to Photo Gallery