*Photos* - one of mine; *New photos added*

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

*Photos* - one of mine; *New photos added*

Postby Dream_Merchant » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:51 pm

<font face='garamond' size=3 color=#006699>Ok, these were taken about two weekends ago -- this is my top horse who has just come back from a major operation at the start of the year, this is his third show and only his second 1.25m start of the year... he is such a powerful thing that I just thrown around on him a bit, so that's why I tend to get a bit low on him -- when i get some pictures of my other horses you'll see my position is far better because they aren't as powerful off the ground as this guy... but here he is... Sandhurst -- my hopeful Olympic horse....

This is the C Grade Horse of the Year Qualifier -- safely over the first!

Towards home -- then onto the treble

And here is the first part of the treble -- an oxer, one short stride, to a verticle, then two super short strides to an oxer -- he is just a big striding horse, you can see my problem written over my face and position! haha

*pets Sandy* bit deep to that one!

And safely over the last - just one rail down for four faults! Very happy with him!!

When I find more photos of my others, I'll post them up!</font>
Last edited by Dream_Merchant on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby goldendryad » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:42 am

Wow!!! He sure is gorgeous! Looks like he has lots of scope and heart. You should be proud of him!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#**drool**#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm so jealous of you DM - you're doing what&nbsp;i always wanted to do!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice looking fella you've got there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby zooka » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow nice looking horse!!!&nbsp; I admire you I would never be brave enough to go over such big jumps DM but you make it look ike it is nothing!!&nbsp; Good luck it would be cool if you made it into the olympics someday.....&nbsp; I'd even chear for Australia as well as Canada #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL - zooka...i cheer for almost everyone at the olympics - just egtting there for some of them is&nbsp;feat in itself!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is true BT BUT I have the patriotic aspect where I always want Canada to do better #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice pics! I remember the days of larger fences, more bravery and less fear...oh where oh where did they go?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:10 pm

zooka wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is true BT BUT I have the patriotic aspect where I always want Canada to do better #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#but of course! even when the canucks are loosing hopelessly at something, i always want them to win.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Emerald » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very Impressive , DM #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#forgive me for not knowing, but what kind of horse is he?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby beccyroo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow..... I hope someday I can be jumping that high... I can only wish... Thats sooo impressive.. Makes me want to start trying more showjumping now... I was just thinking about that the other day. Your horse is so beautiful! : )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
beccyroo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby beccyroo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow..... I hope someday I can be jumping that high... I can only wish... Thats sooo cool.. Makes me want to start trying more showjumping now... I was just thinking about that the other day. Your horse is so beautiful! : )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
beccyroo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dream_Merchant » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:35 pm

<font face='garamond' size=3 color=#006699>Thanks guys!!! If I ever do make it to the Oympics, I'll have to wave to the crowd just for you guys, and if they ever interview me (which I HIGHLY doubt), I'll definately say ... "G'day to all the EC guys!!! My online family!!" hahaha.

Emerald --> Sandy is a TB off the track from the town I used to live in in the country, he was actually half a rescue case. I was talking to my farrier a few months after we got him, and he said he had seen him about 6 months ealier and he was skin and bone, he was tempted to get his gun and shoot him on the spot there and then! Anyway, a friend of mine had got him and started to feed him up and give him light work, I seen him and she said you can have him for $200, the old owner wants to get rid of him... and whalla, I got myself a horse!

He's so dam powerful, he really does throw me around in the saddle a bit -- and because he had the first half of the year off due to surgury he had to have on his throat (he was a very bad roarer, I was told it was like trying to breath through a straw and run a marathon for you or I), I got used to my other horses, and jumping back on him, I've nearly got flung out of the saddle! haha -- but I'm getting back into his rythmn again.</font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

Dream_Merchant

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice pics! He's a lovely looking horse!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'd definitely cheer for you if you went to the Olympics- I'd feel so *in*- you know, by association of course!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dream_Merchant » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:06 am

<font face='garamond' size=3 color=#006699>
Ok -- here is my other thoroughbred horse, Mr Maxwell aka Max. He is D Grade, and this is the same weekend in the D Grade Horse of the Year Qualifier -- he won this event.

This is the first round photos:

That's the first jump, and as Max can only do, he crapped himself at those white boards.... he's a dork at times!

His nicer side!!

This was a tricky combination, a triple bar, one short stride into a verticle -- my little champ jumped it brillantly!

That's the B element of the combination I just described above

He got clear in that round... and onto the jump-off:

Off and racing! haha

That's the first part of the double -- a close friend of mine raved afterwards about the "amazing" turn he done up to it. Surprised myself actually, he jumped a jump opposite it, then just spun around and jumped the double. Max really impressed me in this class!

Shocking upper body position in that one photo of me *slaps wrist* -- but you can see in the left hand corner the last fence... he turned around the wing and jumped that beautiful.

And over the last! Clear and the fastest time by about 6 seconds *cuddles and praises Max* -- my little superstar!!</font>

Dream_Merchant

Postby babytigger » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lovely pics DM - you are such a&nbsp; lucky one!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#max looks like he's got a #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#huge#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# jump in him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dream_Merchant » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:10 am

Thanks BT!! He's very athletic, and super smart -- I was super lucky with both Max and Sandy, picked up two top TB's there -- Sandy was a $200 job and Max was a freebie from my farrier when I lived in the country because he always wanted to own a showjumper. Unfortunately he passed away before he got to see him jump anything above 90cm -- but I know he would have been smiling down on Maxy that day, he was a true superstar!</font>

Dream_Merchant

Postby babytigger » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#gotta love those TBs!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i have to say you are one lucky gal DM!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Foxie » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You guys look great!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dream_Merchant » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:34 pm

Thanks guys -- I've been lucky with horses, at the right place at the right time I suppose; and I've learnt from my Dad how to really screw people down on their prices! lol, the chestnut horse I've got, he started at a price of $2,500, got the owner down to $300!! -- he kept saying, I've got someone to buy him at $2,500, so I said sell him to them... he rung back three days later and said $300 would be fine.</font>

Dream_Merchant

Postby Marloes » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WOW, I don't think I will ever jump that high!!!! those jumps are huge!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your&nbsp;horses are very beautiful!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Check my website: http://www.marloesandaron.web-log.nl
Aron, you will be mine forever!!!
Marloes
Newbies
Newbies

Next

Return to Photo Gallery