August Horse Show pictures

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

August Horse Show pictures

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have my photos up from my horse show today!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went in three classess- English Pleasure (came second), Road Hack (came 3rd) and Open Equitation (didn't place- bad GU!). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's the link to my album. The photos should be the ones first, but if not, all the ones from today are labelled "August Ancaster Saddle Club". (The show pictures other than these are from last months show)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Comments/critiques are welcome!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://photobucket.com/albums/v213/Pettipas/Horses/"#ed_cl#http://photobucket.com/albums/v213/Pettipas/Horses/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dream_Merchant » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:27 pm

<font color=#006699><b><i>
Totally awesome pictures GU -- congrates on the show.

From the pictures, it looks like your looking down quite a bit and also jamming your hands against your horses withers -- if you are, loosen up your arms and elbows and carry your hands above the horses neck, at least your hand's spacing above the neck. And also, look up where your horse is going and where you want him to go -- other than that, you two look speccy together!!</b></i></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah...that looking down is bad...I've noticed that too...and I know I have bad hands/wrists- I tend to break at the wrists instead of keeping everything a straight line. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the comments!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#meh, I dont know anything about hunters to a great extent... The thing I see though is that there is lack of contact in a few of the pictures. It also looks like you could shorten your stirrups a bit for hunter... they seem more dressagey.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But nice pics! Shes a cutie!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dream_Merchant » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:38 pm

<font color=#006699><b><i>
No problem GU -- I know it's great when you know what your doing wrong because you can conciously think about it and correct yourself! Always handy -- I know I tend put my hands on the neck a bit too much, which locks them there and doesn't let me give to the hrose enough over the bigger fences.</b></i></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby Kobau » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good pics... and DM caught the same thing i noticed!&nbsp; but heck looks like you smiled once or twice so good job on having fun and doing so well!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice pics GU - congrats &amp; glad you had fun!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you guys look great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's true DM. At first, you (well atleast I) don't really notice I'm doing anything wrong, then you look back at a photo or someone points something out and it's like - oh my! that must be fixed!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena- Yes, there probably is a lack of contact there- I was doing abit of fighting with her to put her head down and respond to my half halts- just gotta work on keeping her attention. Also, my hands could be a factor too- if I'm holding them up higher it should help. And yes, I tend to ride with my stirrups longer, but that is where they are comfortable (and they hit my ankle bone) so that is where they will stay! (I actually keep them that height as well when I jump too- not that I jump that high)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kobau- Yes, we had fun. I know, I really should smile more. People tell me all the time I look too serious and need to smile- but I swear, I'm happy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks all for looking!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#looking good GU#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Photo Gallery