Pics from first show

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Pics from first show

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks to the tip on posting pictures in another thread, I finally figured out how to do it! I thought I'd share some pics from our first dressage show a few weeks ago. This is not me riding though. I long for the day when I can look this good. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/Onthebit.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/DSC_1974.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Easy peazy, lemon squeezy. Posting pictures is simpler than I thought!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Dream_Merchant » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:59 pm

<font color=#006699><b><i>
I'm guessing the horse is your though??

He's a speccy one anyway -- fantastic photos, how did he end up going??
</i></b></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby babytigger » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice pics truffle - it is easy to post them isn't it!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#so, who's riding? how did the show go, etc etc....details woman!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, details... My horse is 7 and I have had her for just over a year. She is half Arab, half Appaloosa. This was our first dressage show ever. In fact, it was the first time I have ever ridden in a show (I am a big chicken lol). I rode 2 classes and came 1st and second in my category, with what I thought were respectable scores--55.882 and 54, bearing in mind that we've never done dressage before this year!. (Somehow that .882 makes me think of Spock or Data from Star Trek! I don't know how they get that&nbsp;kind of precision in the scoring!)&nbsp;&nbsp;My coach rode 2 classes as well. Her scores were better than mine, naturally, but I don't remember exactly. Somewher in the 60's I think. That is her in the photos. We have been working really hard on getting my stubborn mare to stop fighting the bit and these photos really show how far we've come in the past few months on this issue. I can't get her on the bit like this yet, but it's coming along. We're in another show this weekend--same tests--so&nbsp;we'll see how the scores compare! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby babytigger » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well congrats - she's a gorgeous girl.....can't see any appy in her....has she got some roaning spots, or stripey hooves, etc...all i see is a pretty chestnut with&nbsp;a cute blaze!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i haven't shown in ears, and well...it's not about being chicken - i just don't like showing, never have.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the one time my riding school (years ago....) had a dressage show i came first with like a 64 or something...it was really about 17 years ago, at least.....LOL...it was mostly just for fun, and the tests weren't that complicated, but i practiced &amp; memorized them for hours, and hated every minute of it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks babytigger!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;I think she's pretty darn cute myself.&nbsp;She doesn't look very Appy but&nbsp;has some striping on her hooves, and a tiny bit of mottling of the sclera in one eye. When I bought her she had about 6 white hairs on her withers. This summer she has white hairs sprouting like crazy all over, and her knees/hocks are turning dark chestnut compared to the rest of her. Her sire was a few spot Appy with chestnut points, so I guess that she will continue to roan out. Although since she started so late, she will stay more chestnut than roan. She does have a very unusual blaze. Here is another picture that shows it better. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/DSC_1969.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby chenders01 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, she is just lovely, Truffle!&nbsp; I can see the roaning on her bum.&nbsp; And a very unique blaze as well...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And &lt;sigh&gt; I envy your coach's hands/arms.&nbsp; I've been struggling for YEARS to get mine like that (bent at the elbow, thumbs up).&nbsp; I'm getting much better but every once in awhile, I have to correct myself, as my hands have worked their way back down again #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley7.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, your mare looks like a darling.&nbsp; Can't wait to see some photos of YOU on her...and don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure that you are a MUCH better rider than you think you are #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Chenders! I know I am hard on myself, but I don't want to post a picture that would make my horse look terrible--and that's what I think of most of the pictures of me on her! I'm not vain, I just don't have&nbsp;the perfect posture,&nbsp;hands, and seat that I want to see. I promise though that when I get a picture of me riding that I'm satisfied with I'll post it. How's that! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby chenders01 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Truffle, no one expects you to look perfect.&nbsp; We are all learning and improving, all the time.&nbsp; The most important thing is that you are enjoying your horse and are having fun.&nbsp; Who cares what you look like??&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#C'mon...we wanna see #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I looked through ALL my pictures, and the only one that has me in it--that&nbsp;I'm willing to post--is ... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/DSC_1031.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, part of me anyways!&nbsp;&nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby zooka » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha what a tease!!!&nbsp; nice horse and congrats on learning to post pics!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice looking horse! I agree, she looks more arab, however, you can tell she's thicker built than most arabs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually, that's a nice combo I think- the hardiness of an appy and the delicacy of an arabian. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Photo Gallery