Some Pics of Lady Ebony

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Some Pics of Lady Ebony

Postby Mystic » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thought I would post some pics of Lady Ebony and I taken this summer in the show ring. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This first one was taken by Cheryl from these boards at the show at the Pickering Horse Centre in June.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/mysticsladyebony/EbonyPCHCheryl.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The next two were both taken by a friend of my mother's at the Blue Star show in July.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/mysticsladyebony/DSCN1980.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/mysticsladyebony/DSCN1944.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Ebony and I are currently standing 2nd overall in the series. Will post how we finish overall. Ebby took to jumping a liverpool like a natural. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby Sodapoppers » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#WOW Mystic, you guys are doing great! I love the first one! The second one she looks like she is so big she is just stepping over it, and the third you can really see her starting to get under herself. You guys look totally awesome!!! Looking forward to seeing more and good luck in ghe standings :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Emerald » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Remember, When I saw your Avatar about a year ago, you sent me pics of her,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She truly is lovely, I still have that email. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So you can call me an Ebony fan. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby horsemad! » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What a handsome girl!  How big is she???  Me likey!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she is a gorgeous gal mystic.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats on your standings!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What a GORGEOUS black beauty! How does she get that shine?!! Only her hairdresser knows for sure...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Mystic » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horsemad, Ebby is 16.2 but she looks a lot bigger because of her muscle mass. She also stands over lots of ground becuase she has a long back. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trufflemaker, She gets that shine through tons and tons of elbow grease.  I groom her to within an inch of her life and then bathe her and show sheen her the day before the show. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Babytigger. Not bad for our first full year in the jumpers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP, she is basically just stepping over the fences. That happens with anything 2'6 and lower. Both of us can go higher, we school at 3' sometimes higher but she has fun at that height in the show ring. She's just out there playing and I dont' want to take that away from her like I think might happen at 3'. Why take play and make it work when play is so much more fun?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Shoal » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:03 pm

She's very beautiful and athletic!
Shoal

Postby zooka » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love the colour!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Hev339 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:35 pm

She is very beautiful.
Sounds like you put a lot of work into her, and it shows.
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dream_Merchant » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:38 am

<font color=#006699><b><i>
She is gorgeous!! I love black horses -- the mare that's trying to pop out a foal currently is black, I dearly hope she produces a black foal!!!

Little off the topic -- are you in a hunter or jumper class?? Just it's interesting that you guys have the poles on the ground for groundlines and stuff, at shows here its a full on rule that every rail must be off the ground --> so yer, bit of a strange one seeing that, but thought I'd ask, after all, you learn something new everyday, especially about Canada and America for me on this board! haha
</i></b></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby Mystic » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dream Merchant,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We're showing in the jumper ring but not at an overly high height and there are lots of novice riders at this level so they use ground lines for their sakes. Ebony doesn't need ground lines at all. She's a field hunter by trade (her owner hunts her) and I show her in the jumpers. The great thing is is that she will jump just about anything from anywhere, even a standstill. Took her over her very first liverpool last weekend and she never even batted an eye at it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Promise » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Mystic&nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;Lovely photos, and you two look awesome! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Ebony is gorgeous as usual. Next to her, it definitely feels like she's around 17hh! She has #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#presence.#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Too bad you're not going to the remaining PHC show, or did you change your mind about it? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

<3 Guinness ~ Buckskin Beauty
Promise
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice pics!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, looks like she's just stepping over them! lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You don't use ground poles eh? I always use them!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Promise, Unfortunately we will not be competing at PHC at the end of the month. That's the day of my soon to be sister in law's bridal shower, which is something I can't exactly miss if I want my brother to ever talk to me again. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;I'm looking for a clinic to take her to over the winter time and we'll be at all 5 challenge series shows next year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Giddy up, Ebony original purpose is as a field hunter so she never really knew ground lines until she started 'schooling' over fences. She's fine either way so it just depends on what my coach has planned but for the most part we work without ground rails. And she is just stepping over the fences. This mare can jump 4' easily with tons of clearance. I'm super comfortable at 2'6" and she has only 6 shows under her belt and 2'6 is fun for her. Why make it into work when she's having fun. Also I had a lot of years of showing where I was 'training' school horses or had the more difficult horses to ride so had a really rough number of years where I put out a lot of money and hardly ever came home with anything to show for it so going to go out and just have fun on Ebony cause she'll jump anything you put in front of her, which she demonstrated with the liverpool the other week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh definitely Mystic- fun is important! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can just tell it's so easy for her! lol- I know my mare wouldn't just be stepping over them, she like throws me out of the tack at that height. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:30 am

She is so gorgeous! You should be super proud of her. What a lovely mare!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Photo Gallery