Eclipse's Fury! Arab Gelding!!

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Eclipse's Fury! Arab Gelding!!

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:15 pm

#ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#Hey Everyone I thought I would share some pics from my awfully hot#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//shocked.gif"#ed_cl# long distance ride in Flesherton! Unfortunately the majority of riders including my self had to pull from the 32mile ride due to the EXTREM heat! My horse was really over heated! really bad bad bad! but as soon as we got water on him luckly everything was ok! and we are back out riding!  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Eclipseleslie/lesanddaneintheriver.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl#This first pic is my riding instructor and her anglo arab Dane in the river! I swear my half chaps shrunk lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Eclipseleslie/nicoleandles.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl#This is my riding instructor again and my best friend Nicole and the horse she leases Twist!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG height=426 src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Eclipseleslie/partyintheriver.jpg" width=569#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl#This is the party in the river pic! Everyone was trying hard to cool their horses down AND thats me with the only grey Eclipse in the middle!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Eclipseleslie/eclipseandiatthefirstvetcheck.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=center#ed_cl#And this is my horse at a completely different ride but I just thought it was better so that you all could kinda get a idea of what he looks like!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby zooka » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#those are really cool pics!  Too bad you were not able to finish the ride but you have to listen to how your horse is feeling.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Serabe » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You have a very beautiful Horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Looks even tho it was hot out that you guys were having fun in the water with your ponies!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~¤}§ÆRÅߥ{¤~

"Horses aren't my whole life, but they make my life whole."
Serabe
Groupie
Groupie

Postby JessnMarsh » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A river party, how cool is that!!!  That looks like a lot of fun!!  Are there many distance rides around?  I don't know anything about them, but they look like a lot of fun.  Too bad it was such a hot day, it was a really smoking summer!   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your horse is very pretty too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jessica#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Somewhere...somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again...
-Stanley Harrison
JessnMarsh
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thankyou for all the comments! Ya it was pretty hot and the trail was a beautiful trail EXCEPT that there were 2 never ending hills lol so it was a big big climb, and I dont know if anyone else notices this but greys for some reason tend to have a thicker coat so that didnt really help him cool down fast! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#    Ya the river was for sure the highlight of the ride lol it was kinda like a big water fight, the horses loved it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#   Where abouts are you located JessnMarsh? There are tons of distance rides its just I dont think the sport is as well known as the hunter ring or stuff like that. Our Club OCTRA had this year a total of 14 rides all different amounts of miles. Here is the website if you just wanna take a look #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#A href="http://www.octra.on.ca"#ed_cl#www.octra.on.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#    Thanks again for all the awsome comments!!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leslie#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby goldendryad » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:05 pm

Awesome, that river party looks fun. I can see needing to pull out in
the heat! I am definately thinking about endurance racing/competitive
trail riding. My horsey (he's a Morgan) never gets tired or breaks a
sweat. He can go on for miles and be as cool as a cucumber when all the
others are sweating like mad. I think I'll try it next year, I live in
Saskatoon and there is a club here.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Thanks for sharing the pics, he looks like a really nice boy!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The pics are great! Looks like a lot of fun..Are there a lot of people who are in it just for the funness of the trail ride? And don't really care who wins? I'd like to go into something like that or maybe just make my parents move to a huge farm and do lots of hacking ehhe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks! Ya there are lots of people who just go for fun and just take it easy out on trail and just want to complete. Doesnt matter if you are in it to win or complete everyone is super friendly! Like everyone knows everyone and we always have not only a good time out on trail but when we have dinner and awards we have alot of laughs! You should try long distance riding its a lot of fun! #ed_op#A href="http://www.octra.com"#ed_cl#www.octra.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# you can get some info there if you wanna take a look!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Return to Photo Gallery