Some pictures of Marshall

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Some pictures of Marshall

Postby JessnMarsh » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I can't remember if I posted these way back when, I don't think I ever did =o)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#These pictures are from back in June.  Marshall went to his first show.  We only did the one show this year.  My goals were to keep him under control, and just to be able to get on and walk around.  I had nightmares about him breaking loose and galloping all over the fairgrounds out of control heehee.  I think everyone that knows him had those nightmares.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was actually able to enter him (we did better than I expected just to get in the ring lol).  I took him in halter and showmanship.  I ride english and didn't even have western clothes.  I found these in my closet the night before the show and borrowed the hat and halter from my BO.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I  did not expect to place in halter.  He has a large bump on the inside of his hock from a mishap as a foal.  There were 13 horses in his halter class. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He refused to stand still and jumped all over the place teehee.  He did walk and trot in a nice straight line though.  You could tell the judge wanted to evaluate him, but he wouldn't stand still or set up.  He stopped moving for a total of 10 seconds when we first lined up in which these pics were taken.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He still placed 3rd even though the judge never saw him standing set up =o)  Good boy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We had a meltdown in the ring during walk/trot.  (He doesn't know canter very well yet so we didn't push it and entered walk/trot!)  He was very spooky because of all the people hanging over the ring fence.  The judge wanted to place him higher in that class, if he would have stood still in the lineup, she waited and waited,(I've never had a judge wait) but he was dancing and bouncing around.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I dismounted in the ring because he was getting very upset and I was afraid he would bother the other horses who were being good in the line waiting to do a reinback for the judge.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He got a 3rd in that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But the big deal of the day, was I rode him all over the showgrounds and he was exceptional.  I was VERY proud of him for being such a good boy =o).  Some lady told me it was wonderful to see an animal of his quality come out to the show (huh!).  I stared at her speechless for a minute and then said thank you.  I've never had anyone say something like that to me before!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/Stahr01/showday.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I left Looooots of space between me and the horse in front. I actually waited till I thought the class was in, so I could be at the back, but two other peeps came in behind me.  They gave me space too and were very supportive of my horse being an idjit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/Stahr01/pictures159.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And here is a picture of us at home.  Please ignore my vomitrocious equitation.  I don't know WHAT I was thinking lol.  You can actually critique it if you want, I don't mind since I don't have a coach.  That saddle is too small for me and it's not balanced.  I kept fighting a chair seat and I thought it was me.  I just got a dressage saddle and I noticed I don't have a chair seat anymore, or at least not as bad heeheehee.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/Stahr01/pictures176.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Somewhere...somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again...
-Stanley Harrison
JessnMarsh
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Trufflemaker » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He is very handsome! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby jax » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ooo, he's gorgeous! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Love/2.gif"#ed_cl#  Very handsome boy!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awww!!&nbsp; He's really gorgeous, Jess.&nbsp; QH, right??&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, I don't see anything horribly wrong with your equitation.&nbsp; Your leg could be underneath you a bit more but if the saddle is pushing you into a chair-seat,&nbsp;this little "faux pas" is understandable.&nbsp; At least your elbows are bent and your thumbs appear to be up (MY two big buggaboos with my own equitation).&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marshall looks like a very nice boy, even if he was a little "spun" his first time at a show.&nbsp; How old is he??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby JessnMarsh » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh thanks you guys!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marshall is an Appendix, and he turned 5 this year.&nbsp; Time is flying by.&nbsp; Yeah he was spun at the show, but he was a lot better than I expected teehee.&nbsp; And he was very quiet outside the ring to ride.&nbsp; I'll have to go back next year and maybe he will be ready for some cantering classes. =o)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jessica#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Somewhere...somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again...
-Stanley Harrison
JessnMarsh
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#he's looking great!! awesome job#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i love those shiny halters!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Shoal » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:24 pm

He's beautiful!
Shoal

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice pictures- your horse is very handsome!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And your position isn't actually that bad- don't be so hard on yourself!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#gorgeous#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:54 pm

Nice horse, he's very handsome!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby bay mare » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He is so handsome, and you guys look great.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Your doberman is a cutie too, do you show him?&nbsp;&nbsp; Ive grown up with dobes, so I have a soft spot.&nbsp;&nbsp; My mom breeds and shows them, and 3 are therapy dogs too.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;They are just&nbsp;big sucks&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
bay mare
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Charlie » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:11 pm

awwww hes so adorable!
Charlie
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Photo Gallery