Friend's New Filly

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Friend's New Filly

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:00 pm

My friend got a filly at auction last week...here's the pics finally!

. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:38 pm

What a cutie! She looks like a darling! How old is she, she's a
yearling or 2 year old? She looks bum high so must be. Cute filly!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she's a little cuite!! what breeding is she......i'm sensing something but don't want to make a guess & look like an ejit if i'm wrnog! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby zooka » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#very cute, what does your friend plan on doing with her?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Shoal » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:01 pm

Aww, she's cute!
I love her eyes, they look like they belong to an old soul.

So how's her personality?

You said she was a Morgan/WB cross right?
Shoal

Postby chenders01 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think Soda said Morgan/Trakhener previously.  I remember thinking that combination to be a bit odd, but this little girlie looks like a cutie!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#at least she's got a cute morgan nose!! it's looks so little!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:19 am

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think Soda said Morgan/Trakhener previously.  I remember thinking that combination to be a bit odd#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hey, I've got a Morgan/Trak X too!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nothing wrong with the Morgans...good breed and they usually have a good head on their shoulders...cute filly!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, don't get me wrong!  I wasn't dissing either Morgans or Trakheners.  I love Morgans and would own one if I didn't have Tequila.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe the word "odd" was the wrong one to use.  I should have said "unusual" meaning that that particular cross is not one I had encountered before.  Are they common?  What would the benefits of crossing those two breeds be??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know the morgans are known for their hardiness....I've seen a few crosses that I would never have guessed had morgan in them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's OK Chenders, I wasn't offended.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/13.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I bred my Morgan mare to Adrian (Abdullah's half-brother who stands in Gormley)because I felt he was the nicest cross for her within my budget, and I could get part Trakehner papers on the foal from the ATA. Also I had seen quite a few babies of his that I really liked. I ended up with quite a nice sport pony! Allie, she is a doll. Not what I was breeding for, but I'm very happy with her nonetheless.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When doing unusual crosses to WB's I like to use Trakehners because of the higher percentage of TB and Arab blood, also they are closer in phenotype to a Morgan than the larger WB's are.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another interesting cross on a Morgan is Friesian. The only Friesian X's I've ever been impressed with are on TB or Morgan. Again, Morgans are close in phenotype so you are less likely to get the worst of both parents. Ideally the Friesian adds some size and substance to the Morgan, but the Morgan influence refines the Friesian. I'm not going to be doing that X, but I've seen photos of some attractive horses that are this X, they call them Moriesians.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats a good point Ruth. Most people will breed something pheotypically different. They want huge babies, or something completely different, and you see all sorts of crosses. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Infamous luna likes the Friesian/Percheron crosses. I personally agree with you on the Trakehners..they don't typically seem to be as big or thick as some other types of Warmbloods, but still produce beautiful babies when crossed with many other breeds. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its amazing because you'll look in the dressage or hunter ring and see something winning that fits the stereotype of that discipline, but they may be a Heinz 57 or a cross you would never have guessed. Just because a horse is an expensive warmblood doesn't mean an athletic typey cross can't do just as well. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I posted a reply but it got sucked into cyberspace.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If anyone is interested in seeing a photo of Allie she is advertised for lease on this site - ad #47282, and you can see her son, Benji, by scrolling down that ad to "other ads placed by this seller" and clicking on the link.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Photo Gallery