Family Photos

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Family Photos

Postby Trufflemaker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well now that I have a photo of my horse's mother, I thought I'd post some pics of the whole family...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/Portraits/Duchess4.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is Duchess, the mother of my horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/Portraits/smallmetal.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is the late QAR Metallica, the sire.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/Portraits/smallcharm.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is their offspring, my sweet pet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Trufflemaker/Portraits/smallpyper.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And this is the half-sister. Her sire was a paint draftx.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby babytigger » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#cool!! nice looking "family" you've got there TM!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby zooka » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow that is nice to have shots of the whole family!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I don't have any of the cousins-twice-removed in the family tree yet, but it's a start! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//laugh.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby chenders01 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey, that's cool!  Neat to see how the "babies" turned out chestnut, coming from a grey and a red roan (is that right?).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I should do the same thing.  Tequila has several relatives at the barn...her mom and a half-sister and a bunch of half-brothers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:01 am

Hey! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Do you know what the sire's QAR stands for? There are appy breeders
here in SK that put QAR in front of their horses names - meaning
Qu'appelle Appaloosa Ranch. They breed some really nice appies there.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
A very nice family indeed, they are all very pretty horses, guess it comes from good genes.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Goldendryad, thanks for that info! I had no idea about that... he was a stud owned by Sutherland Meadows Appaloosas south of Ottawa. Apparently he had a fabulous temperament. Sadly, he died at the age of 10 from unknown causes. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby goldendryad » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:50 pm

He is from SK! He's in the Qu'Appelle Appaloosa ranch (QAR) directory.
He was solid chestnut when he was born, LOL, he turned out such a
pretty varnish roan! Too bad that he died, he's a nice looking boy!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is so cool, goldendryad! My girl is getting loads of white hairs especially on her withers, but she is a long way from roaning out the way he did. Maybe by the time she's 20 though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Return to Photo Gallery