Iddy Biddy Baby Goat Pics

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Postby tbbrat » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Annie, these are Nigerian #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Dwarf#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# kids - they will not grow up to be full-sized!  And goats can make very affectionate pets.  My two (will be full-sized) young girls are very cuddly.   They love attention and all the petting they can get.  Sometimes I go down to the goat pen and just sit their with my arms around the two of them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nigerian Dwarfs are used for therapy animals because they are very gentle, small and non-threatening - very good for autistic children and seniors apparently.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've met Tbbrat's goats (all except the new babies, that is) and they were sweeeeet!!  No head-butting at all.  The brown one (have you named that poor thing yet, Tbbrat??) was like a lap-goat...just wanted to be cuddled and petted.  She's got the cuuuutest, long, floppy ears, and I'm sure that she'd crawl right into your lap if you let her LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bronwyn (the mother of the two babies) was a bit stand-offish the day I was there, and there was another one that kinda peered at us from around the corner of the pen.  Sarah, the black and white one, was really sweet and cuddly too.  She's just a baby too but a real doll and very affectionate.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tbbrat, you need to put more pics of your "girls" up for the rest to see!  They're not the nasty kind that butt you into the middle of next week the moment your back is turned LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep, we finally named the long-eared goat - she's Angel, and it suits her.  She won't crawl into your lap, but Sara will!  Sara fell asleep in my lap at the Ren Faire one day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Goats will butt if they are encouraged - I can guarantee that all the "nasty" ones have been taught that game by humans who thought it was "cute" when they were little.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The goat that peeks round corners is Bridget - she won't ever be friendly I'm afraid.  Bronwyn was the same way when we got her (they're twin sisters) and she came around, but Bridget still thinks that humans are great big goat-eating monsters.  Ah well, she may be going back to the breeder - if she's not pregnant after running with the buck all breeding season . . .  and I don't know if I could ever train her to the milking stand anyway!  Goat rodeo, anyone? LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby annie » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:20 pm

tbbrat wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Annie, these are Nigerian #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Dwarf#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# kids - they will not grow up to be full-sized! 
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh awesome!  Where can I get one?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You're in New York?  I'll do a search later when I've got time and see if there are any breeders down your way.  They're not a real common breed, but there's a few around!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery