Willie (my mini donkey)

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Willie (my mini donkey)

Postby MacnRio » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As most of you probably know, I was getting a mini donkey jack named Willie. He is 5 months old.  He came on Saturday morning and Fancy IMMEDIATELY took to him. She went nutty. She LOVES babies, and Willie was no exception (although, she looked kind of confused the first time he tried to hee-haw, and he sucks at it at the moment, hasn't quite figure it out. Sounds like he is being stabbed!!).  We let her roam around with him for a bit, go nose to nose. She kept an eye on his every move. Then put them back out with everyone. Well, did Fancy not chase of the boys if they tried to check willie out - feet flying, head tossing....... But he has now gone nose to nose with everyone and Fancy has relaxed her maternal instincts! lol  Anyways, without further ado, here are some pictures I took today of the little guy.  He loves people attention more then animal attention.  I will insert one picture, and put a link to more ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/MacnRio/williesm.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/album/467664894SixdHo"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/album/467664894SixdHo#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#awwwwwwww#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that's such a good name too.....congrats on your new family member...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and I know what you mean about the noise....Ernie (my mule) sometimes sounds like a duck....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe he is adorable!!!  What does the goat think?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Hev339 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:35 pm

He is SO cute!! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I love the pic where he is facing the camera head-on. Adorable! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Congrats on the addition to your family! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MNR, I have one thing to say.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How long did I go on for tonight about how cute he was.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My neighbour used to have a donkey. His name #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#was eeyore and he was SOOO loud. I would go trail riding and be like a mile away and hear him heehawing. It was insane.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I want a donkey but I HAVE NO ROOM!Unless someone wants two annyoing goats(hint hint MNR) then I cant have anymore animals.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# Or if someone wants to pay and put a new fence for me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Till then im off limits all cute animals:(#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby chenders01 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awwww, he's so cuuuuuute!!!  That adorable little face.  And those EARS!!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What does Salt think of him?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks everyone! He is cute, and LOVES people attention and being cuddled.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EMD, I do NOT want you goats :P lol  And yes, you went on for AGES about how cute he was and "awwwing"! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Salt hasn't had much interaction with him.  The day after I got him Salt got stepped on (I'm guessing by Moose, but didn't see it). Her hoof was bleeding pretty badly, so I stopped the bleeding and doctored it up (nothing broken, thank goodness, and no, she is not staying out from under Mooses feet!). So she is uncomfortable and spending a lot of time by herself the past few days.  I'm not sure Salt and Willie have really encountered eachother to be honest.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Last night I also took pictures of Salt (and the dogs and cats). If you want to see Salt doing her favorite thing EVER, click #ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/album/467691023HxNUQc"#ed_cl#here#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#AWWWWWWWW!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I told my dad I wanted a baby donkey last night and he wasnt to thrilled.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wait till he finds out Ive been looking for another horse:S!(NOT in replace of any of the ones I have now!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby rubberman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MnR your Willie is very cute (a young version of Ernie).  Don't worry the braying will come and then man is it loud and after he gets use to his herd he will bray whenever you remove one of his herd mates (they are very protective).  Have fun with him (by the way they tend to be Houdinis and often manage to get out of the paddock fortunately they don't tend to stray too far).#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//happy.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol R'man - moose can just push through the boards & all the lil buggers can escape!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MnR - he's adorable - soooo cute!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby MacnRio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol bt. Not in all the pastures he can't now.... electric fence ;) lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#R'man, is Ernie a mini too?  There is a board off that is tall enough for him to get under without even ducking, but no, he doesn't go far, or get into anything he shouldn't (so far, knock on wood!).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh thank goodness his bray will "grow up".  It sounds like he is being strangled!!  He isn't doing it often.  I only heard him 4-6 times yesterday. No, I wasn't home all day, but that is a lot less then what he was doing the other day. HE mainly does it when a human walks away from him, or just as it gets dark.  Nothing this morning or yesterday morning early.  Its Salt who feels the need to bleat when you move the horses around!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EMD, keep your dad happy - just come visit Willie!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know, it really is too bad I didn't have him for the BBQ, he probably would've hung out with all the people!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#we could have let rio hang out & put the kids on ernie!! hee hee#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aww, poor, silly Salt.  That little goat should learn to stay out of the horses' way so as to not keep getting herself injured!  Love those pics of her.  What a life!!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And your dogs and kitties are soooo cute too!  I really love that Siamese cross one.  Those blue eyes are GORGEOUS!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Shoal » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:18 am

hee,.....he's so cute.
Shoal

Postby MacnRio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, hes a full siamese :P Lilac point...... He's 9 so he's coloured out a lot in the body. But I can see where you get the cross from, as he is FAT for a siamese - and he used to be fatter!  Apparently the not pointed face is called an apple head siamese.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Unless you are talking about Snoshu - the strippy one that spent some time on your's and tbbrats laps at the BBQ, he's a cross. He wasn't outside during the picture taking. But you can see him inside the screen on the picture where the cats are on the steps!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love the blue eyes on the Siamese!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby rubberman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MnR yep Ernie is a mini (ie Sicilian) and when they get older they are like a bellows before they bray they take in more and more air and then let rip.  All my neighbours know I have a donkey.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MacnRio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GREAT! :S lol  Maybe I'd better send a note of apology to my neigbours now then? hee hee#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So that "winding" up I hear him doing (sucking in air) will continue.... Is that how they get so noisy?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#maybe you could learn to "play" him MnR - like an accordian!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do that with cats when they're purring LOL - if you squeeze them on the "out" purr, it's much louder!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MnR - he's very cute, almost as cute as my goats #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl#, and yes, he'll be noisy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Photo Gallery