Before pic of Maximus

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Before pic of Maximus

Postby Horsecetra » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#just thought I would share another pic of Maximus, however this is when he was not so good, this pic was taken shortly after he came home, its not so obvious in the pic, but you could count every bone, every vertebrate, and he still had his winter coat in the middle of summer.  he was wild when i got him, having never been handled or even haltered.  I sat out in the field for 3 days (even got heat stroke) so he could get used to me, on the 3rd day he let me pet and halter him, and its been all uphill from there.  this pic was taken shortly after making friends with him, but he still looked so sad....compare him to the horse thats in my other post 'my horses playing together', trust me, it is the same horse!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Horsecetra/Maximus2.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow yes, there is a huge difference!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow poor guy.   How do people let horses get like that?  Thank god he found you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#geesh......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Shoal » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:12 am

So sad, but you've done a GRRRREAT job with him.
How old was he?
Shoal

Postby chenders01 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gosh, he looks so pathetic in that pic!  I'm sure that he is thankful that you took him and gave him a new chance at life.  What a lucky boy he is!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So sad to think of all the others who are still out there in that same condition #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Horsecetra » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He is a yearling in this pic, pretty much straight from the feedlot, he was with 79 others, however I was told one had to be put down it was so bad.   It still makes me sad when i look at these first pics, and that he almost ended up as some dinner overseas.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

re

Postby lola s » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Bare with me here, but that picture makes me happy.  Only because your guy got a second chance and a wonderful home.  I'm sickened that he ever had to be in that shape, but you saved his life and that makes me happy.  I would rather not think of the others that were in that lot with him.  I saw his other picture and he's a gorgeous boy now.   We need more people like you buying horses. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#are4 you going to post after pics? You probably have maybe i should look around hehe. But eventhough hes a little skinny pony i really like him. Something about his face, like you said it looks sad but i dunno.. something#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#forgot something...i just relized that yeah they are the same horse didn't click lol..wow lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Charlie » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#omg that is soo sad he looks abbused and starving you are soo lucky you found him at least he is lucky!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Charlie
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, what a difference! Glad you've got him now#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//happy.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Photo Gallery