My newest addition

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

My newest addition

Postby Hope03 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:34 pm

I bought a registered welsh stallion in August and this is what he looked like then:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/ ... perri3.jpg

but with a lot of loving and nice grass and wormer. He looks like this:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/ ... i-2005.jpg

I went to see another horse the lady had for sale and found this guy in the barn with no one else around him, I saw his little tiny ears poking up from behind the wall so I asked to see him, once I saw him I asked to buy him. He is my little buddy now, follows me everywhere. He is in the fields with everyone and is bestfriends with the 2 year old black colt/stallion that is 17hh, talk about complete opposites lol. But I am definately happy I found him.
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow that is an amazing before and after.  What a lucky guy that you found him and got him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Wow, he looks sooooooooo much better!! A couple more months and he'll be good as new! You're doing a great job getting him there. :-D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#he is amazing! what a pretty guy! what a difference before and after! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Perri

Postby Hope03 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:22 pm

Thanks everyone. When I first got him he jumped off the trailer and didn't even look at the other horses just started eating. The lady told me he had his own round bale but hadn't been outside since winter. He had no muscle. I was afraid he would founder but I made sure he didn't by changing his turn out time and now he is out all day and night. His eyes are just brighter! Everyone that comes to visit says there is a real change because he holds his head up high now. He still seems to look at people from a distance before he will go up to someone, and now and then he would shy away. He use to come up to the house and eat the lawn for hours at a time but then the neighbours mare started calling to him so he is in most of the time. I found a lump on his hind quarters and I am fearing the worst! Is there anything a vet can do if it is cancer? here is the lady's website http://www.geocities.com/bothwell23/BriarwynPerri.html with him. Those pics were from 2003 and he seemed so happy! I don't know what happened.
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, that is quite the change! He looks great now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, it is very odd that he got so bad when before he looked so good. Was he owned by different people (even if at the same place?). It seems weird that a person who used to take, what looks like, such good care of their horse would just stop doing so...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

pony

Postby Hope03 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:45 pm

Yeah I know! I couldn't believe it. All the other horses looked so great up there. But my mom is starting to think they knew something they didn't tell us and had him locked up because of it. As in cancer, but I don't know. She had three stallions but Perri was the only one kept in and she said it was because they were wanting taller babies. It seems weird how someone can just choose which horse to do it to though. But he is in a better place with lots of grass!
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:22 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hard to believe that those two pictures were of the same horse.  What a shame for the horse to have to go through what ever but he ended up in the best place#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#As for the question ont he cancer growth. I found a growth on my old guy this spring and got the vet to look at it and he suspected cancer.  He said that there was a new thing out on the market that he had never tried..so I tried it and after the growth was removed...I used the cream as directed by the vet and there is no sign of where the growth had been or no sigh of anything new wanting to pop up.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#It is called Efudex  made by Valeant#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very impressive before and after!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby MacnRio » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, he looks AWESOME now! Way to go Hope!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow that is such a pretty pony!!!!! What made you choose him? I always like to listen to peoples reasons to get a horse thats in bad shape....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsecrazy333 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow talk about a transformation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wonder what happened between the pictures on the web and when you got him#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sad to say I've seen this more than once#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsecrazy333

Postby babytigger » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow!! what a difference in your before & after pics! he's looking great!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and what a difference between the web pics & his before shot...looks like someone just gave up on him...poor guy!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you're dong  great job with him - show up more pics in another month or so!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Perri

Postby Hope03 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:11 pm

He was just so lovable, thats why I bought him. I just got some disturbing news though. I received the papers from Ottawa and it described a completely different horse, one that was a palomino at birth and a dark dun with a dorsal stripe and three black feet. I emailed them and asked what I should do and they emailed me and said Dear Amanda,
I suggest you contact the person from whom you purchased the Welsh Pony. It sounds like you either were given the wrong certificate or the incorrect animal.
Dianne Lance
Registrar
Canadian Livestock Records Corp.

But the funny thing is the lady won't email me back. I am going to have to take a trip to see her. This is upsetting that people can do this! I am hoping there is just a mix up at the registration office.
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well that is some disturbing news. hope you get it all sorted out & it is just a "mix-up" , but i wouldn't put this sort of thing past anyone.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Shoal » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:59 am

the poor little guy looks like he's been through alot. First happy, then through very bad times, and finally finding you and having a happy home again. GOOD JOB!
I think it's wonderful when people open up their hearts and homes to unwanted animals. Theres still SO much life left in them if just given the chance.
Shoal

Return to Photo Gallery