Hair Competition Pictures

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Hair Competition Pictures

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well guys, Not sure if you remember, a  while back I said I was helping my hairstylist with a hair competition. I promised I would post my pics when I got them, so here they are.... don't worry, I'm back to normal now! LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/Diana_17.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/Diana_27.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/Diana_25.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Dee1981/Diana_30.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow! Gorgeous! Love the colours, makes for a lovely picture (you too of course :) ).  How did your Hairstylist do in the competition?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Kaleena, the colours were pretty wild but it was a lot of fun!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, he made it to the semi-finals but just found out yesterday that he didn't make it any further. He's happy that he made it that far though, he entered in The Contessa's which is all of Canada, so a lot of competition. He's now going to submit into the NAHA's (North American).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think my friend Jackie might have been in that competition as a model as well as she is a hair model Ill ask her how she did now that your pics have reminded me!  The color is awesome and I love the style...now I want to get a haircut.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow cool pics dee!!! crazy hair#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Megan Ball » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice pics Dee!! That would have been my hair style(or 1 of them) when I was a teen and I would've walked around the city like that!! Justa normal day!! hehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby MacnRio » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very cool Dee!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Was that a permanent hair dye, or did it wash out?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL, nope Mac, that was perminent ALL the way... it was quite the process actually... everywhere there was yellow had to be bleached first, and I mean BLEACHED, my hair was WHITE, than we put the copper on where he wanted it, rinse in COLD water so colour don't run, than we dyed yellow over the white, rinse again in COLD water.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was a very fun experience though. He hired a professional photographer, a make-up artist (who was an FX artist and has done work in X-Men the movie and Friday the 13th) and he rented a studio in Toronto.... I felt all "Hollywood" for a day... very cool!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby MacnRio » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very cool Dee! So how long was your hair that colour? And where the yellow is, is that super super short, or just looks that way?  Bet all that bleaching was hard on your hair!  The makeup is very cool.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What a fun experince!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep, where the yellow was it was very short, and had little chunks cut out of it in a pattern to make what looked like a discoball effect.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My hair was that colour for... 2 or 3 weeks? LOL... I couldn't handle it any longer... I don't mind having attention drawn to my hair (i've had some 'different styles and colours before) but this was rediculous... if I was wearing a hat people would actually ask me to take it off so they could see LOL (it was almost to the point of embarassment)... I didn't particularily love the yellow outside of the studio and getting the pics taken, it didn't do much for me, washed my skin out etc. So I dyed dark brown all over it... and now I'm boring! LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Shoal » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:50 am

That's some crazy hair Dee! :shock:
I can't say i'm crazy about the yellow sides, but I like the redish colour on top.

The style looks great on you though!
Shoal

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah, not many people liked the yellow... he was doing a kind of 'Japanimation' / fire theme... I don't know LOL... I just know we all had reds, yellows and oranges, everyone but me had some kind of natural colour in there (either brown or black). I was the only one with NO natural colour... Everyone else has more 'normal' make-up too... It was... different LOL!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My sylist couldn't figure out why in the world I got rid of the yellow! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol dee - great pics & awesome colour!! it looks totally cool, but i can see why you'd go back to a "normal" colour afterwards, lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i had a friend (an aussie guy who my ex played in pool tourney with) who asked me one time to come be a model for him...he was doing an "interview" at some chic place in the Yorkville are in downtown TO. i had to be his hair model, got all dressed up, with make up & everything (including my 3 mth old daughter who came along, thankfully she slept th entire time!!). and he chopped off all my hair (it was long, mid-back length) to chin length around the face & it slowly got higher around the back of my head - i liked it. never did find out if he got the job or not.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've done many diff colours in my hair - but nothing quite so radical. i've done streaks, and them dyed the red, so i has super bright red streaks.....i've done plum, and various other shades of copper, mahogany, etc.....and just done plain ole "blonde" streaks......do it all myself too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#reminds me - i'm due for a haircut, and a redye....my 8 yr odl daughter wants me to streak her hair again......hmmmm#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That sounds like fun BT! That sounds like a pretty creative way of doing an interview! I had a lot of fun and because he wanted to play around and figure things out, I ended up getting my hair done for free from January until June... I had 'normal' colours in my hair up until the shoot in June LOL... I think I would do it again just because it was such a fun thing to do... but hopefully next time the hair won't be SO whacky and I can keep it for a while! LOL, I've also done some pretty creative things to my hair... and I've always done crazy coloured streaks... but yellow was a colour I'd never done... and never thought I'd do SO much of LOL... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Wow Dee cool hair!! Hey guys we know a celebrity :D#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very awesome pictures...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is awesome I would not have the guts to go that crazy with my hair!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee22 that is sooo coool!   Gosh I wish someone would use my hair for modelling. I love having cool stuff done to my hair.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Those are neat pictures!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think I could go for the yellow hair as a permanent thing, but doing a photoshoot like that for a day would be cool. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Photo Gallery