Ruths Horses!!!!! MORE PICS ON PG 2

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I think Ichabod is the best name I've ever come up with!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000bf size=4#ed_cl#And here is Baxter.... still waiting on pics of Boomer though hehe... Ichabod is such a cute and fitting name for a Donkey. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/baxter1.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/baxterwfoal.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Omigosh, I know Baxter!!  Well, not "know" know her but I remember seeing her for sale ad on the Ontario Equine Appraiser's site last year.  I really liked her but she was pretty far away from me and the owner (was that you, Ruth?) had no enclosed space to test-ride her, so I decided to pass.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, I keep seeing pics of horses that I saw on 'for sale' ads, back when I was looking...freaky!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What a nice brood of horses!  And they all look so happy. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, I was the person who bought her. I bought her as a broodmare so to this day I have not been on her back! She's such a nice mover I occasionally think about it, but she's pretty sprung from carrying around&nbsp; the elephant known as Leah, so&nbsp;I don't know if her abs could ever tighten up enough for dressage.&nbsp;With what you've said about Dali she probably has too big a trot for your tastes! She's a super-sensible horse except when there's wildlife around - according to her they don't have deer or wild turkeys in Paisley.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm tossing around the idea of selling her next year, but we'll see. If I can get Benj sold then I'll keep her, but if I can't I'll sell either her or Rheo. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks, Jax! They are pretty happy and all are very friendly, they all come running when they see visitors. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ruth, Baxter is fairly short though, isn't she?&nbsp; I seem to recall the ad saying that she was 15.3??&nbsp; If so, she'd probably be okay for me.&nbsp; I really liked the look of her and liked that she was of&nbsp;a more "substantial" build.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In any event, she's yours now, and I've got Tequila, who I am *completely* happy with and will never sell.&nbsp; And I sure can't afford two horses...if I could, I'd get my Leo&nbsp;back before buying a new horse&nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ruth - you sure look like you've got a happy bunch there!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks BT, and hopefully next week I'll get Xena to post one of Boomer - he's so happy he should have been a dog.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, Chenders, Baxter is 15.2. However she moves muuuch bigger than that, and also has really big foals. I'm not sure about the little bay in the picture, but I think her next foal matured 16.2 or 16.3 and I figure Leah'll be pretty close to 17hh when she's all growed up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#great pics I love the one of the baby nibbling at mom's ear or at least it looks like that!&nbsp; What a cute bunch Ruth!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery