updated pics of the xenasaur!

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

updated pics of the xenasaur!

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Well I got a couple of pics tonight, my camera is not the greatest and my mom is not the greatest at using it... lol... Feel free to comment! But remember she basically had to start over because of her time off in the winter, so shes not perfect yet. I tried to find an older pic to post for comparison but its disapeared somewhere in my computer? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I know, I know, if I put my shoulders back and didnt look down we would have a much more finished look. I always have had a problem with looking down. My jacket is kind of bulky too.. im not making excuses though hehe. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 319px; HEIGHT: 235px" height=240 src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/zena1.jpg" width=436#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/zena2.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/2005_1019Image0015.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Hope03 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:57 pm

Very cute! What breed is she, I am sure you have mentioned it before but I am new to the board. Keep up the great work she looks awesome.
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lookin good so far! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Kaleena » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yay! Finally #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She looks good, what a sweety!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We actually dont know what breed she is... But it doesnt matter, shes still a great horse. And now we're finally starting to get things under control so I think she will do pretty good next summer, im planning on doing just dressage with her. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Marty_Jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where's you helmet???#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl# Lol Shes looking good Joss!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She looks pretty good!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I agree, where is your helmet?!?! The only thing I can comment is to sit up taller (you seem to hunch over with your upper body). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:23 pm

She looks great! What a sweetie.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
As for you....mwahahaha...#ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys/Teasing/14.gif"#ed_cl# your leg is tensing and therefore your heel is coming up. Oh and uber slouching....LOL but we all do this stuff sometimes.#ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys/Happy/10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I should talk...I tend to open my fingers, look down, tense up, and not turn my body, just my head....LOL.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
She's a lovely girl!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, this post is NOT going to turn into a helmet talk again, so please do not mention it again anyone. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know the first pic im slouching alot, the second one isnt as bad though, its one of those annoying things that you constantly have to remind yourself. And most of it comes from looking down.....  I have to think of my coach shes german and gets really distressed about it and yells like its the end of the world .... Josssssslyn! You're slouching!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I braided her mane because im sick of having to cut it, she cant have it pulled, and it grows so fast. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena, you guys look great!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hear ya on the "looking-down" thing...a lot of us (including me) do it.  But as you can see, it really messes with your upper body position.  Do you have letters in your arena that you could look at when you're riding around?  If you've got something to concentrate on looking UP at, it should help get those shoulders back.  Especially since you want to show dressage next year, NOW is the time to start working on your overall equitation.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But you guys look good!  Xena definitely looks like she's got some warmblood or possibly draft blood in her.  How does she move?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yah - i'm going with some warmblood or draft....with maybe something a bit thinner....TB???? not sure?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#as for the looking down & the shoulders hunching - guilty as charged!! i'm just as bad.....my old coach used to tell me that if she had some sort of hook she could hang from the ceiling to keep my head up & shoulders back, she's be hanging me for every lesson! lol!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(psst...and the helmet...sometimes i'm just as bad too!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#xena is looking good. she seems to have recovered from her injury just fine, and she doesn't look that out of training.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby horsemad! » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Funky red breeches!#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I only wish my legs were thin enough to look good in wacky breeches…#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl#  Xena’s cute.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#If I were a betting person, I’d say some sort of Belgian cross.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I’ve known lots of Belgian crosses who look very similar!  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe Im lucky to have a decent enough leg position to wear pants like that.. If I had a horrible leg position it would stick out like a sore thumb. They are Pikeur breeches that I got off ebay for 50$ brand new with tags. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I dont know about belgian, if she has belgian it is not a complete half. I have seen belgian/tb crosses and they are much heavier and "rounder"... Im not denying she may have a bit of draft though... My vet said she looks kind of hanoverian or something too... But all I care is that shes mine and she looks nice. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can kind of see her big hock in the second pic. Its not huge just a little bigger. Im so lucky she is recovering so well, they didnt know if she was going to be able to be ridden at all. Or they thought we might have to get injections of this stuff into her hock to prevent artheritis. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsemad! » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, my guess would be no more than 1/4 Belgian... it's something about her colouring and face that puts me in mind of so many Belgian cross breds I've known.  Hanoverian might not be far off either... the old style.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My big guy is more than likely 3/4 Belgian... hence his, well, bigness! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#LOL GD!! I can add to the list....open fingers being one of my worse, also dropping my shoulder to turn instead of just turning my center. Yea, I bet we could all make the list go on and on and on :D #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Xena is cute! I could def. see Belgian in her too. Belgian crosses don't have to be big - look at Harvey. She and Xena look to have around teh same amount of bone, Harvey is just a lot fatter and rounder LOL once she is a little older to be ridden more she will sleek down too tho. Cute!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lookin' good!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't think of keeping your shoulders back, raise your upper body from the diaphragm. Just bringing your shoulders back will create stiffness. There was an excellent thread about that on COTH, and it really does make a difference by raising your ribcage.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:10 pm

Ruth wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lookin' good!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't think of keeping your shoulders back, raise your upper body from the diaphragm. Just bringing your shoulders back will create stiffness. There was an excellent thread about that on COTH, and it really does make a difference by raising your ribcage.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yep - i heard that about a million ties too! lol.....geesh...i must have been a terrible rider, lol, or a bad student.....hmmmm#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby jax » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She looks good - looks the the hind end is engaging nicely.  Good job! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Adpaga » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:29 pm

Congrats Xena! You both look nice and like you are having fun! thanks for posting those picts#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

Postby pawsnhooves » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very pretty, she looks wonderful.&nbsp; You make a nice pair. Thanks for posting these.&nbsp; Aside from you and the horse, what a pretty sky, beautiful night for a ride.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Photo Gallery