Killer!...OK, standing and trotting pics now!

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think he's cute.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Personally, I like Appies and the ones I have known have all had good personalities and jumped well. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The one was a mare who showed western pleasure (for her owner) and was a schooling horse and did jumping- that mare could jump! And her name was pyscho spot...because she was!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The other Appy was also a mare who showed mostly english (she was a bit too quick for the western pleasure) and she did well. She was a fun mare. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I see no reason why you can't barrel and jump him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In my knowledge and experience, a slight cow-hock isn't going to be a big deal. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:47 pm

He is cute. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I don't like his head, but that's just me. It looks course to
me.....but that's just my opinion and I really prefer more refined
heads. I've always thought you need to have a horse with a head you
like, so that your always admiring it when it greets you. But you can
disregard my opinion on his head. I'm a fan of dishy heads.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
His shoulder, like LOL said, does look upright. Which will shorten his
stride and take away from jumping strength, but it's not like your
planning to compete 4' with him or anything.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
If you really like him, click and think you can train him and that he's
a good fit, then go for it. But there are lots of nice youngsters out
there.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was out at the farm today and we took him and his daddy out to the ring again...I got some pics of him standing and some of his beautiful trot. The standing ones are OK, but he's a little nervous of people going behind him, so the hind shots aren't great....I would like to know everyone's honest opinions now that I have added more pics. I won't be offended if you don't like him, because there are horses (although few) that I don't like either....just want to know what you really think!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PICS:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilastand5.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Standing 1#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilatrot4.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trotting 1#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilajump1.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jumping 1#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilatrot1.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trotting 2#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilastandhind.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hind view 1#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilajump2.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jumping 2#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilatrot2.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trotting 3#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilastand1.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Standing again (front)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilastand3.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and finally the last standing one....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Hope03 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:50 am

I think he is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful movement on him, very floaty! I really like his face, he looks like a sweety. Looks like he has a lot of power behind that body of his, hehe. Awesome find and good luck with him.
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah I think he looks great he looks to have an amazing trot on him!  Good luck with him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#those pics are much more flattering for him. And he looks more like he should for a yearling. He has a nice trot. He is a bit flat over the jumps, but he is too young and underdeveloped to really be jumping anyways. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ohh pretttyyyy, i love his trot!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Hev339 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:11 am

He's so cute! Definitely still has that "baby" look in his face...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
His trotting pics are beautiful. Good luck. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Simply Sensational » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#perfect angel: he looks cute.. not my type of horse (i'm more a crazy TB type) but looks cute none-the-less#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and about any apprehensions of appy's being good jumpers... any appy i've come across in all my years of riding has always been an extremely brave and willing jumper.  they can be more like TB's than QH's i've found when it comes to jumping XC and stadium.  and they last forever. My first horse i was thinking of buying was an appy who was almost 20 who was still jumping at least 3ft high and going to hunts twice every week.  Theyre great horses, i've just changed my style and dont really like their markings! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Simply Sensational
Newbies
Newbies

Postby butterflykisses » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:53 pm

Hey there,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I love appys, go for it!! When I was a child my neighbor's appy was
amazingly incredible in the jumper circuit.  I rode a 3 y/o appy
last winter and he had come to the barn as a two y/o crazy boy, but he
was the quietest horse i have ever ridden.  He was such a
sweetheart.   Any horse can have attitude issues, not just
certain breeds.  Most appaloosas I have met have had the sweetest
temperment ever.  Then again, my "dream breed" is a belgian appy,
so maybe i'm biased, lol.  I hope you go for it when you sell your
horse. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
~Aud One~
*My Funny Valentine.*
*Pumbaa's Silhouette*
butterflykisses
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree with Xena.  This second set of pics are *much* more flattering, and show him off much better than the first set did.  He looks like a cutie, and I agree, he's got a nice trot on him.  If you're in love with him, then buy him!  I'm sure that a lot of people don't like *my* horse either but it really doesn't matter to me, because for me, she's perfect  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/24.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Buy him and enjoy him.  He looks like a doll (although you DO know that "Tequila" is a girl name, don't you??) LOL!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#chenders - spotz horses are TB/appy. her newest guy, punch (pics from months ago), the huge 2 yr old she's working with, is a 50/50 split i believe(TB mum & appy dad), as for the rest...i'm not sure, as patty is a TB/appy, but the babies all came from her (trouble, marleys horse, pixie & panda), so if mum (patty) was a 50/50 split, i'm not sure what that makes the babies, as i'm not sure if spotz breed with a TB stallion or an appy stallion (dazzling might know more about this, and of course spotz knows!).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways...from what i've seen of appy crosses, they can be fantastic athletic horses, so i'd say go for it. i mean, if he's not a good jumper, you'll know. his talent will set the limits for you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#those pics of him are very nice - hi does look like he's got a gorgeous trot!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby pawsnhooves » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Really nice looking horse.  I like the second set of pictures better, you can see how much fun he is having.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He has a super cute trot and jump....very adorable! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery