Killer!...OK, standing and trotting pics now!

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Killer!...OK, standing and trotting pics now!

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have 4 horses, one of which is for sale, and when I sell him, I have my heart set on this guy (he's already "reserved"...). What do you all think?? Just first opinions without knowing much about him, other than he is a QH/Appy and he's a yearling. I want to do barrels and jumpers with him (odd comb. I know..).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll tell y'all more about him soon...:P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilarun8.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tequila Sunrise (1) (I call him Killer...but it has nothing to do with his attitude...)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilarun7.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tequila (2)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilarun6.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tequila (3)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilarun2.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tequila (4)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by PerfectAngel on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hes cute... im not a huge fan of appys though, they dont have the nicest temperment... Of course there are exceptions... but I havent seen too many. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Are you asking on opinions of what we think, good or bad? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I want to know honestly what you think, good or bad. I won't be insulted, don't worry....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well he looks cute. Can't say that I love his tail LOL....Honestly its hard to see his conformation when he's moving like that. Do you have any of him just standing?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't have one right now of him standing, but I'll get one this weekend. He has a good conformation, he is the tiniest bit cow-hocked, but my vet said that it wouldn't affect him at all....he said it's quite common and most people wouldn't even notice....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can't have a "Tequila"...that's my mare's name LOL!! (just kidding!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree, it's hard to really get a look at his conformation from the pics you posted.  He looks like a pretty standard Appy to me though, including the tail.  I'm not a big fan of the breed either (no offense!).  Are you SURE he's only a yearling?  He looks really HUGE in those pics, for being so young.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He'd probably make a good barrel horse but I'd be surprised if he'll do well at the jumpers.  Appys are not a typical breed that one would pick for that discipline.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry, but you asked #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that's OK, that's why I asked....but about the jumpers thing...the reason I brought that up is because he jumped a 4' gate the other day to join his dad....and he loves to free jump, so I honestly think he'll be awesome...his tail is actually NOT a typical appy tail but he thinks he's an arab when he runs.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's about 14hh and very filled out....that's why he looks so big...:P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Hope03 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:03 am

I think he is cute! And he is only a yearling his tail will fill out. He seems to like to move so I could see him doing barrels lol. But yeah, he is nice and filled out and ready for winter lol. Good luck with your guy, post more pictures when you get them. I really like the look of his face, very cute!
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its not necessarily the conformation that would prevent him from being a decent jumper, because I cant really tell his conformation, but Appys generally do not have a very good work ethic at all. Which makes it difficult to work with them in an actual discipline. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree he looks big and filled out for a yearling... But if he was foaled early in the year that would make him almost 2 now. Which would explain the size. My qh/welsh pony didnt change much after 2. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would be worried about him being cow hocked though, any kind of leg altering conformation fault can be dangerous when you are jumping. And I would assume it would be dangerous for barrel racing too because your going so fast. I seem to notice a going trend with conformation faults in appys... This one school horse was an appy and he had weird legs too. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ohh hes cute, appys arn't my fav.breed but this one is very very cute!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:23 pm

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He'd probably make a good barrel horse but I'd be surprised if he'll do well at the jumpers.  Appys are not a typical breed that one would pick for that discipline.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm - wonder if spotz mare patty knows that?? lol  - she's appy/TB, but she excels at jumping, just loves it!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways .....the guy in the pics is cute! he looks more QH than anything, to me at least.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There's nothing wrong with Appy's jumping..I've seen tons of them around in the Jumpers and hunters, and do well. I also had a vet tell me once and a little cow-hocked for jumping wasn't a bad thing at all. Very cute. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:30 pm

babytigger wrote:
chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He'd probably make a good barrel horse but I'd be surprised if he'll do well at the jumpers.  Appys are not a typical breed that one would pick for that discipline.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm - wonder if spotz mare patty knows that?? lol  - she's appy/TB, but she excels at jumping, just loves it!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But is she as stocky-looking as PA's horse??  I think that Spotz's horses have more of the TB influence in them, don't they??  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

re

Postby lola s » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#While I completely disagree with some of the comments being made about Appys and their athletisism, this guy looks like he'd be a rough ride to me.  He's a bit short in the next and straight in the shoulder.  It doesn't mean he won't jump, he probably just won't have cadillac gaits.   I'm not worried about the tail.  You don't ride tails and if you put his up in a bag, it would be quite lovely. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol....it is quite amusing to see what ppl think of appy's!! I honestly am not a huge fan, but the only appy thing about this horse is his spots...he has a QH personality like his dad, and WOW CAN HE MOVE!!! he has one of the most gorgeous extended trots that I have ever seen on a yearling. he also snaps his knees up really nicely over fences, as I noticed when he free jumped (his idea, not mine)!! He was born in May, so he's honestly not that old. He is filled out, and his dad is a tank....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Bear7.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bear Fax (AQHA)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#About his cow-hockedness, i didn't even notice it until I asked my vet what he thought and he said the only thing about his conformation was that his hocks were in about 2 degrees....he said most horses actually have that fault and we just don't notice it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He is one of the best tempered horses that I know for what he's done (which is nothing). He grew up on 190 acres of land with next to no human contact...he had never had a halter on, never brushed, never had his feet done, never even petted on the neck. We gave him some grain and put a halter on while he was eatingm no problem!! He walked right onto the trailer (with his dad) and we gave him a bit of Atravet because it was a 4hr drive home. He was an angel the whole way, not a jump out of him. It took 1.5 weeks to teach him to lead (anywhere, not just around his pen and remember, he hadn't even been petted before this) and he picked up his feet the first time I ever asked him to. He didn't even pull away, he just stood there. As far as I can tell, he has a great work ethic, it was him that was deciding to go over the jump....he would go out of his way to jump it....plus, he loves to run!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now, what do you all think....?? different or no?? I still have no standing pic, will get one this weekend for you to see.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Tequilarun4.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just had to add one more of "springy killer"!! no feet on the ground!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shoal » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:06 pm

There was an appy at my old eventing stable who showed Advanced level. She would jump anything and LOVED it....plus she was blind in one eye!
She was sweet as pie, and 100% trust worthy.
Shoal

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i need to add this..he looks like he could throw huge bucks!! How old is his dad? He looks not fully grown( looks like hes still bum high) but maybe its just the angle#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol....PP72, I've seen some pretty impressive bucks from that guy....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#His dad is 14, so it must be the angle....he's definitely not bum-high#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that boy sure looks like he is having a fun time.  I think he is cute and from what you have said about how he acts now I think he could be a great jumper.  Just look it never looks like he has all 4 legs on the ground....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to Photo Gallery