A trade

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

A trade

Postby Hope03 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey everyone, I was offered a trade of my yearling TB/Clyde for a 9 year old TB gelding that is green to the show ring.  I am excited but also upset.  Dancer (my yearling) has been here since he was around 4 months old, and he is my buddy, he calls to me when I am going out to the field.  I think his little sister is going to be the most hurt out of the whole thing, but I have to stay strong.  What do you guys think about the trade? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is Dancer: (his eye looks weird in the pic, not in real life lol)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Hope03_1987/Dancer-7.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And this is Ben#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Hope03_1987/AmenBenAug05001.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Were you looking to trade?  What is it that you want to do with the new horse?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think both horses look nice. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It all depends on what you want. Do you want a horse that you can ride and show under saddle NOW? If so, then the TB will be ready, opposed to you waiting for the baby to grow up. But, do you want the baby to bring up? Why are you considering the trade? Are you capable of bring up both horses? Which horse is better suited to the discipline you want and to you?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Hope03 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was interested in buying a gelding after selling the young ones.  I have the dam and sire of Dancer and could get the cross again and I might keep his sister if she does not sell.  I am looking for a gelding that I can ride in shows and maybe start eventing.  Since I only have stallions and mares I was wanting a gelding because they don't go into heat just when you happen to be going to a show! lol.  Also he is great for trail rides.  Dancer is years away from riding in events but it is hard to part with him.  I know the choice is up to me to make but I was just hoping for some input and advice.  I don't think I like breeding because you have to sell the babies you grow to love.  It sucks! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, so you are looking to sell the babies.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, if you want something to show and ride, the TB seems fine- then again, I haven't seen him go, or ride hime (which is most important above all)- but he looks pretty#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//happy.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#to be honest i really LOVE the clyde TB crosses BUT you cant really do anything with him yet because he is soo young right? so i guess the best decision would be to trade so you have something to ride ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree if you like how the horse rides then go for him!  It will be years before you can really do much with the baby....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's cute! I say go for it !#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Photo Gallery