Markings

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Markings

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does anyone elses horse have pink or any fancy colour around his/her/heshe eyes/nose/anywhere else?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 309px; HEIGHT: 338px" height=894 src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/RusticDust/ridinglessonatdianes006.jpg" width=548#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm xena has ermine spots on her socks... from what im told that is sorta rare?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby tbbrat » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll have to get a close-up pic of Teddy - he has a big white face with a #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#brown#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# snip on his nose, his lips are pink, he has a white spot on his one dark leg, white up to the stifles and over the knee on the one front leg, belly splotches of white.  Had to laugh, the Pony Club kids were having a test on markings at our barn one day, so they were going around looking at horses - "OK, ermine spots, white star, stocking  . . . " so I pulled Teddy out of his stall and told them to classify #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#his#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# markings! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl#  They just kind of gave me that deer in the headlights look and said "we have no idea!"  Too funny.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh and the vet is never thrilled to have to do his markings when it comes time for the Coggins test. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My one of my coaches horse has them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:30 am

xena_n_joss wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm xena has ermine spots on her socks... from what im told that is sorta rare?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sneakers has them too :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What are ermine spots?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, if a horse has a white sock and it has some round black spots on the sock, that is ermine spots... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GS... sneakers and xena are just special then lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jax » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My dearly departed had ermines in her blaze...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/tishmoo/Ginny.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby EatMyDust » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is ermine? I was wondering?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Positively4thStreet » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:11 am

EatMyDust wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is ermine? I was wondering?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#An ermine spot is a spot of whatever color the horse is on a white marking. It's not a disease or anything, just a marking. Isn't an actual ermine some kind of weasel?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby jax » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, an Ermine is a weasel/mink.&nbsp; They used to make fur collars and whatnot from them (and probably still do) that were white with black spots - thus "ermine" markings.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Rio Roulette » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Scroll down for a photo of ermine markings.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.rightlead.com/Educational/leg_markings.htm"#ed_cl#http://www.rightlead.com/Educational/leg_markings.htm#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby EatMyDust » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OICICIC.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Fancy#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#xenas are a better example, she has a whole bunch on one sock. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, I missed the beginning of this thread....you want to see the funkiest leg markings ever??? This is my old mare, Cookies 'n' Cream. She's a pinto/QH (not a drop of appy, I swear it!!) and she also passes these sweet markings onto her foals....Too bad she's such a psycho....she woulda been an awesome jumper, but now she's a trail horse/broodmare....eating her days away...lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/Cookiestandalone.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WOW! shes perrrrty#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby maddys_girl » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:15 am

Chance as well has an ermine marking on his legs.

I will try to take a picture of it sometime, its really neat! :D
maddys_girl
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Azalee » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Az has a beauty mark on her muzzle:&nbsp; #ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/photo/161498672/161498672auRueO"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/photo/161498672/161498672auRueO#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#&nbsp; She also has ermine spots on her hinds.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PA: That mare is so cute.&nbsp; What did her dam and sire look like?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Her dam looked much like her, but I can't remember if she had the markings...I don't think so....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Her sire is a chestnut QH (with an ugly personality....)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Photo Gallery