B&W Pictures from Hurricane Wilma

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

B&W Pictures from Hurricane Wilma

Postby Brianna » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#This is my 2nd attempt with B&W film...mom and I went to the beach on Monday after the storm had passed...and here is the result of our expedition... :) Enjoy...feedback welcome!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/album/486997742sioXvr"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/album/486997742sioXvr#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think those are great I love black and white pics!!!!  Did you guys get hit very hard?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#No, we didn't get hit too badly. Only got tropical storm weather - lots of rain and wind, but little damage. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Thanks, glad you like them :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice pics!! What do you guys do with horses down there when you get hurricains and tropical storms and such??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Brianna » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Depends on how bad the storm is, PP72. The barn I'm in says they don't evacuate. If it's going to be bad, they turn the horses loose on the property with halters and id tags, *Just in case*#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The barn I was in last year, when Charley was coming through, also said they didn't evacuate. (And, they were in a flood zone, the current barn is not.) At that time, the only hurricane I'd seen was Bob in Boston in 1991. Promise wasn't even alive then, lol - and she was born in Canada and then brought to NY for a year before she entered my life. She'd never seen a hurricane at all! The county I live in opened one of the parks for horse evacuations and I said, I'm out of here, if I have to beg for a ride...which, incidentally, I did, lol. I evacuated her to the park -- turns out for nothing, because the storm turned, BUT - with a storm that big heading straight for us, the county opens the park and turns them loose, they have free rein of the entire park - there are no trees that are a danger of falling, and someone that works for the county animal control is there 24 hrs to monitor the horses, they feed hay, but no grain, and there's water in the park plus that provided...or people will load up and drive north to Ocala, or inland to Orlando. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If a Cat 5 were to come through, mom and I would be out of here...unfortunately, we don't have a trailer hookup, and even if we did - where do we go with a horse behind us, a dog and 2 birds?? So I'd be entrusting her to the county again and praying that she'd be safe when I got back. I gave them a copy of my coggins, which my vet does with a color digital photo rather than drawing markings - and she had tags on her halter and in her tail (in case the halter or tag on it broke) with my contact info on them. It is very, very hard to leave it up to fate like that...but you've got to figure that herd instinct will kick in and they'll keep each other safe and then do what you've gotta do to stay safe, too.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its not working for me? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Hev339 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:47 am

There are some really great pics there. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Good job. :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow... thats crazy, I dont know if id be able to handle living in a hurricane zone... lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice pics bri - really neat looking in the B&W film#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#xena - i couldn't handle it either!! i would much prefer -30 weather to hurricanes anyday.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Brianna » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Keep trying, GS -- it is the public album link...maybe webshots was overloaded or something. I do have a lot of albums on my account...and I don't know if WS does paid accounts, but I definitely don't have one, lol.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Thanks for the compliments...I like some of them...and like I said, I am still playing around and mostly focusing on the contrast between light and dark, and sometimes form. I am not sure what I need to do in terms of getting more contrast to come out on the film...maybe its the camera, maybe its the film...more than likely, its me, lol. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I think my next B&W expedition will be of Promise, though...and mom is going to give me some pointers, since she's done B&W #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Photo Gallery