New U/S Pics

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

New U/S Pics

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#So here's some pics of me and Dream today....Marty Jones was busy while we were doing our "attempt at dressage" LOL so no one gets to see and have a giggle over those :D Basically we are just working on forward forward forward and he's doing well. He started to come a little round today but i couldn't make him follow through to bring everything together. Man it is hard work..we were both a little bored of it so I took him over some of the trot poles which he *loves*. I thought he was moving forward before, but he just about bounced me right out of the tack over the poles hehe so I will be using that to my advantage at later dates. Without further ado...i know what most of my 'issues' are, but if you feel the burning need to point some out I won't be offended lol I try hard :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Image#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#^critque my smile LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dream is looking good- nice and happy. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//happy.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you guys are looking good! if its ok to critique lol your toes are alittle pointed out but other then that you guys look super!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Cheryl » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MUCH better forward from him!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He looks great SP! And he has nice conformation so once he is worked regularly he looks like he could be quite a powerful little old man! And he will look really sharp doing dressage if that is your plan. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I dont know if your looking for suggestions, but in case, lots of transitions will help you alot. It will build up his back and hock strength to arry himself more from behind which will make it easier to get his neck set. It will get him nice and sharp off your aids also. You can do just walk/t transitions, and when he gets stronger you can do halt/trot transitions, and canter/trot and canter/halt.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The good thing about those excersizes is that you can continue on in the now if the footing is good enough. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And transistions will help with jumping also. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey SP he looks super!  Both of you look super.  You look much more at home in the saddle now.   And dream looks really happy.  Glad the injection worked so well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#he looks so happy doing that!  Looking good SP#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey he looks cute!  A few silly things I noticed are:  When you do trot poles are sitting or rising trot?  I was always told it should be rising!  I notice you don't wear gloves....also your wearing rings.  If you truly ride with your fingers closed rings really get in the way.  Try wearing gloves.  I find you actually ride with a softer hand and better feel.  Maybe you'll get him rounder with a better feel.  I would have like to see you attempt at dressage pics...Next time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby goldendryad » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You guys look great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great pics Soda!  Looks like you guys are having fun! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to see him looking so happy! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well you both look happy (smile bigger though!lol), adn yes, you can see he's going forward over the poles!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#xenas suggestion of transistions is a good one in order ot get him rounding & using his hind end...which i'm sure he's been lax in using much due to his hock, but now that he's feeling better, he could start to use it more & strengthen it#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby chenders01 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You guys both look really happy and relaxed...and that's what it's all about, right??  Great pics!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Photo Gallery