Pictures of my big guy

Have a picture of you and your horse? Post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Moderator: EC

Pictures of my big guy

Postby Dutchie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:28 pm

So Im sure some of your Remember percy.. well, even though I no longer have him I wanted to share some of the last pictures I have of him along with his forsale video. Just for old time sake :)

And some pictures of the horses I rode along the way while the site was down.

Im pretty sure right after that jump I got thrown off. Unfortunatly my photographer stopped clicking!

and this is Cheval, a QH/Arab pony mare I was working with. She had a foal at 3,and basically sat in a field for the last 4 years.. so I asked her owner if I could play around with her. Took me a whole year but I got her w/t/c nicely under saddle and started over fences. Yes, she is a pony and I was a little big on her,but, she was a blast. Very sensitive. unfortunatly the owner sold her to my old BO's and they use her in lessons now.. due to conflict of interests I left the barn and stopped riding her in the spring of last year, shortly after I sold Percy.

And this is Moose. and OTTB "TAP FAB" out of "Signal Tap" . A woman I rode with for the last two years rescued him. He is a typical OTTB and needed a lot of work, I rode him for about 6-7 months and he came so far. He had some balance issues but Sue and I both worked very hard with him, he was a fantastic ride. he was sold this past summer to a great home. I miss the big guy.

Shortly after I left the barn percy was at, after I sold him May of 09. I moved to another barn and started to build up my confidence overfences, since.. that was pretty much nil at that point. I started riding Tess a clyde/arab/tb? Anyway, Shes a horse from my past, she was at the first barn I was ever at, and my friend owns her foal, who is now 5-6 years old. She is a schoolie master, and really helped me get my confidence back over fences. From barely jumping cross rails for 4 years. after 3 months I was back up to 2'3 and doing courses. here are a few pics of me riding her,and some of my first show in almost four years, on her. :) in the 2ft devision. Placing 4th in every class, out of 9.

And here is Strider, a Perch/Paint cross. 4yrs old. He is owned by my moms friend. He is.very green. It was like riding percy all over again. She did NH with him. And rode western. He was a fantastic ride. Mostly just walk/trot... and working on steering with him, as his owner is also new to horses( doing a great job with him on the ground) just needed some help in the saddle! He is a doll!

Sorry for the pic overload, but a lot has happened since!! Hope you enjoyed.
----------------------------------------------------
Ride a draft...it makes your butt look smaller
----------------------------------------------------
Dutchie
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Pictures of my big guy

Postby Eileen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 am

you have been a busy girl Dutchie, love the pictures, thanks for sharing.
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Hev339 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 am

Wow, very busy! They all look like wonderful horses. Sounds like you really got your confidence back with Tess - that's great news! And I'm sure Percy went to a wonderful home.
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby naughty by nature » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:18 pm

great pictures you have been pretty busy over the last year or so the site was down. I really love the paint horse :)
naughty by nature

Postby Sunny Side Up » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Great pics! My favourite is the Clyde-cross mare, but then I'm partial to Clyde crosses. :D
Sunny Side Up
Groupie
Groupie

Postby fusspot » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Strider looks like a real sweetheart of a guy!!
fusspot

Return to Photo Gallery