Stressing re: move to Yellowknife

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Stressing re: move to Yellowknife

Postby sonny siskin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am beginning to stress myself.  I have made a travel itinerary with mileage and planned stops. I have calculated gas necessary and probable prices (costs). I have found camping areas along the way and researched prices and amenities. I have packed my camping equipment, stove etc (will buy food the day before) and  bought a new kitty carrier. The cat will get a new collar and a new tag ID with our new numbers in Yellowknife on Sat.  She's been to the vet but no blood test results yet. The animal communicator worked with her and said she wants help but doesn't want to be euthanised at this time. The communicator is coming over to the house to do a hands on reading with her on Friday. I am also taking her to a holistic vet on Sat morning before I have to teach my one and only clients. Right now my cat is sitting on my bed at home in pain and I can't do anything.  My fathers house is a mess because my sister can't/won't clean up after herself. The boyfriend Mike hasn't called me since last Sat morning (you guys were soooo right about that). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK I'm done for now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
people think they're having a problem with their horse, but in reality the horse is having a problem with the rider
sonny siskin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby rubberman » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#O.K. Sonny, I must have missed the thread about the move to Yellowknife, however, deep breath and onward and upward.  The camping and fishing in the NWT seems to be great (I can't be sure because I was only up there for a few days for meetings but it is one of the few capitals were life is built around outdoor activities ie. hunting/fishing) and as you know the pace up there is far more relaxed.  Things (including the kitty) will eventually straighten themselves out and everything will eventually be fine and if not you will be far enough away for them not to bother you.  Take care and have fun on your adventure (I am sure that reduced stress will do you a world of good).  Remember from time to time if you can drop us a line and let us know how you are doing.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//happy.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i too missed the moving to yellowknife thread i guess, but chin up, it'll be a  fun adventure with some new experiences.....i'm sure you'll get yourself & your world righted in no time!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby sonny siskin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah I posted from Stouffville to Yellowknife a week or so ago. Everyone's been busy.  I'll be running a riding stable with 10 schoolies and 11 boarders.  I know I will like it as I am a granola eating outdoorsy type.  There are 4 lakes in Yellowknife (like downtown) and two lakes right outside the stables and of course Great Slave Lake.   I think the greatest stress is my cat who is sooooo ill and my father who won't let me help him. Oh well I can only do what I can do.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
people think they're having a problem with their horse, but in reality the horse is having a problem with the rider
sonny siskin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby stronghold » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#I missed the moving thread too, but that is no great surprise!  Hope all goes smoothly for the move!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="red"> In Loving Memory of Buzzing Pride
"Floppy"
April 3, 1978 - September 13, 2005
~~Champion, Teacher, Friend~~

>
stronghold
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Chisholm » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well the moving part SS will be fine.&nbsp; I see the part about your cat being ill, that's a toughie, I missed in your last thread that the cat was ill.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What's wrong with your cat?&nbsp; How old is your cat?&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also the stress of leaving your Father who if I remember rightly is ill is also a stress.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But this move is what you need to&nbsp;do, you will get your freedom back.&nbsp; I would love to do what you are doing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck,&nbsp; I hope it works out OK with your cat.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:19 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#SS. I have a lot of ways of budgeting and keeping the cost down for the camping end of travel.&nbsp; You do not have to stick to private campgrounds everyday.&nbsp; pm me if you want some pointers on how to travel low budget....lol&nbsp; I am the queen of low budget anything&nbsp; lol&nbsp; Are you traveling by yourself other than the cat?&nbsp; that makes a difference as well.&nbsp; #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Almosta Farm » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats on moving to Yellowknife, I saw the posting for the job and thought it was great that they finally had a riding stable up there, you will love it , used to live there had a horse up there as well, the riding trails are fabulous ( well we made our own :-) ), sorry to hear about your dad and your cat, hopefully once things are settled things will work out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Best of luck#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Almosta#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Almosta Farm
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:04 pm

I hope that the move goes smoothly. It sounds as if you are doing everything you can for your cat. I hope that she gets better soon. As for your dad, you have done SO much for him, I hope he realizes it and appreciates it one day. If he doesn't want your help then there is nothing more you can do. It's true of all of us, we can offer and then it is up to the other person. Some people just don't want help.

Keep us posted about your cat and about the trip as it gets closer. The job sounds perfect. A nice size barn to work in for you.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Sonny,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear about your sick kitty. Interesting too about the animal communicator. Have you tried Reiki for your cat? Animals are very receptive to it and it might help her feel better. Hope everything goes well with your move.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, it appears I have missed alot!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope your drive goes well and Yellowknife works out for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm sorry to hear about your cat, poor thing. But I am sure he will let you know when it is time. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope everything works out for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby sonny siskin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will be camping at Agawa Bay for one night.&nbsp; I hope I can put the canoe in Lake Superior just once while I'm there! Then I will camp near Dryden, then again just past Brandon MN and once in the "Hat".&nbsp; I should be okay with that.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The vet called with the blood test results for TidbiT and everything is good except the muscle enzymes was a bit elevated. Normal is 15-300 and hers was 500.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My sister is going to come over to Dads and help me clean up a bit. We'll see if she really does it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Deep breath, one thing at a time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
sonny siskin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Almosta Farm » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bumping this up..hoping we can get an update on Sonny is doing#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Almosta#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Almosta Farm
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol I started reading this and thought gee this is sounding familiar then I looked at the date duh...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I saw it, and thought didn't Sonny move ages ago.&nbsp; And then I looked at the date too, LOL.&nbsp; So Zooka you weren't alone on this one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yah wonder how Sonny is doing.&nbsp;&nbsp; I bet she doesn't have much access to internet up north.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Almosta Farm » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to live in Yellowknife and had a horse up there...so I was wondering how Sonny was doing with the stable up there#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Almosta#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Almosta Farm
Newbies
Newbies

Return to The Lounge