Hotmail problems

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Hotmail problems

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:15 pm

Just in case anyone here uses Hotmail there have been some weird
problems lately when sending or receiving emails with attachments. I
found this out today when sending an email to a friend who kept
insisting it had a virus. I scanned it on my end and it was clean. My
husband then had the same problem when sending a file to someone else
from a different computer.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I did some research and found the problem mentioned in several places
on the internet. It seems that Hotmail's virus scanner is flagging
attachments as having viruses when they don't. This means that you may
not get the attachment and may not get the email under some
circumstances.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Swi_horse » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have the same problem...I dont really know what to think or do about it, but I sure need those attachments....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Swi_horse

Darn Hotmail!!!

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey, that happened to me today.  I had sent a project that I had finished over the weekend (english biography and critics' notes approx 12 pages) to my hotmail.  I had printed it all out, but my English teacher is extremely picky #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/4.gif"#ed_cl#  So I thought I should make sure that I had done everything correctly.  I got to school and in one of my spares I found out that I had done my works cited incorrectly.   I went to my hotmail to find that I couldn't open it as there was a "virus."  So I had to type the whole paper up again and make sure that everything was cited properly.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Man, it was funny though.  I didn't have English today, but some people in my grade did, and they were completely freaking out, cause they had sent everything to their Hotmail- only to find that it wasn't working!!!  Suckers!!  LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Typing 12 pages in an hour sure does get your adrenaline pumping!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:27 pm

My son says that if you zip the file it should be ok. Don't know if
that's true but it is worth a try. I also read somewhere to rename the
file as a .txt file. Again, worth a try.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Katie » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Outlook Express often won't let me open an 'unsafe' file as well, but I did some digging and found out that if I press ctrl and F at the same time, after reclicking on the message, it will then open.  Maybe that will work?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ugh to the retyping!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie

Postby Rio » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:52 am

Ugh... I just recently ditched my hotmail account. I opened up a Yahoo account, especially for my job search (sending resume as an attachment).

Hotmail is terrible lately I find. I'm slowly going to phase it out of my email use.
Rio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to The Lounge