Sometimes I actually like people...

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Sometimes I actually like people...

Postby jax » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's an interesting story...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7230191/"#ed_cl#http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7230191/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, there's #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#some#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# good folks out there.&nbsp; Mostly connected with animals one or the other - have you ever noticed that? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(My theory is - people that don't like animals have something seriously wrong with them and should be avoided at all costs #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/6.gif"#ed_cl#)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:19 pm

I have to agree, TBbrat! People who don't like animals are whacko! That
and I think all children should have pets to interact with, it makes
them more sane.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Thank you for sharing that story, it's heartwarming to know that some people care.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Terry3025 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good for them.&nbsp; I'm glad that people are stepping in and doing something about it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Chisholm » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad someone is taking an interest and is doing something about it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby dressagenap » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good to hear that some people care!&nbsp; And I also have to agree with you, TBbrat - even if not everyone can have a pet or like horses (heheh), at least a slight interest in animals is important.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
dressagenap
Newbies
Newbies

Postby tbbrat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GD and DN - of #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#course#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# you agree with me!&nbsp; What do they call it - "preaching to the choir"? LOL #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby geldinggirlie » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is wonderful.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There are a group of doctors here in Ontario that went&nbsp;out West&nbsp;during the drought and brought back a ton of horses to find homes for.&nbsp; Saved them from meat#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think its wunnerful when people do that!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
geldinggirlie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#excellent article, thanks for providing the link.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I remember the drought in AB, we didn't bring animals her from there, but we sent hay... i mean who do you pick to send to... we checked on all the qh/paint and morgan people there that we knew to find out if their areas were in need.. they were good, so then we grabbed the list of shorthorn breeders, picked aname and called... we managed to call one of the ones that was really in dire straights! we did sell the hay to him, but it was sold at 10$ for a 1200 lb round instead of the 40-80 others were charging!!! we still keep in touch with them, and they thanked us since that extra feed at low cost is all that allowed them to keep their herd of 40 purebred shorthorns and 3 horses....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sometimes ppl show that they care... those that don't care or don't like animals...... we need to find a new planet for them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby goldendryad » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:19 am

Kobau - now that is a lovely story! You and your family are so kind, doing that!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I agree, cart the heartless buggers off to a new planet.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nice to see people come together for something they believe is worthwhile.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby mdfa » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:12 pm

Yes, good to see people saving those horses!!! Kudos for them. My question is:

How could "land management" say that there are 9000 horses more than the land can support. Being that they are living wild, if the area couldn't support them, the nature itself would cull the herd???? :?

Margaret.
mdfa
Groupie
Groupie

Postby jax » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, but remember - you're dealing with government officials #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley24.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley26.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:28 pm

Also Nature has been altered by man of course, the natural enemies of the wild horse have been thinned down to next to nothing so there is your balance of nature down the drain... :(
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby mdfa » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:35 pm

Eileen,

not that easily javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink . Natural predators are not the only "agents" of nature. If the land could not support the herd that would mean the herd would not have enough to eat and lack of food would cause slower birth rate and disease to naturally decrease the size of herd.
mdfa
Groupie
Groupie

Return to The Lounge