They are making fun of my dad on TV

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm sure i've seen him then, but i don't really watch "the news"....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#on a side note, and keeping this horsey.....i have met & talked to michael landsberg from TSNs Off The Record, some years back, his daughter too lessons at the stable i worked at. nice man, but always seemed a mlittle irritated at having to hang around a stable, although he did show interest in the matter of riding at times.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is it Dan Matheson?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#da da da da!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ken Shaw!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh, him....yep i've seen him once or twice on the telly......but like i said - don't watch the news much.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:47 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Geesh....I feel sort of out in left field....lol nothing new for me...but the only name that I rexcognized  that was mentioned in the prev posts is Lloyd Robertson...they must be locallocal talents  I guess....lol  so I guess I would not recognize these people if I tripped over them  lol  I am sure that they would introduce themselves if I did though  lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Doh! I should have guessed Ken Shaw for sure!! Must have had a brain fart... my parents actually watch CTV news @ 6pm pretty much every night... so i've seen Ken Shaw on my tv tons! .... why the heck didn't I guess him? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:03 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#LOL Dee...maybe you did not guess him because you had a brain dump....rather than a brain fart...that happens sometimes...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LMAO Eileen.... seriously LMAO #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't worry, Eileen...I don't know who Ken Shaw is either #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl#I watch my local news at 6 so I've never seen him.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Luna, what were they making fun of him for?? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Infamousluna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:59 pm

Thats why I didn't say his name initially, because unless you are in
Toronto, you wouldn't really know who he is (and even if you don't
watch CTV, its pretty hard to miss his freaky building size billboards)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
It is really weird too, because when I go home to visit...people treat
him like a celebrity..which I think is kind of silly, because its just
a job, and doesn't really  seem like something of celebrity
status, but then he does a ridiculous amount of charity work, which may
be why he is 'popular'#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I think Air Farce and Comedy Inc chose him just because of his
notariety in Toronto...plus he is very animated, and they do a really
good job of spoofing that.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
But he has huge eyebrows that are really funny...they don't make fun of that nearly enough!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
**The trouble with being on your high horse is having farther down to fall**
Infamousluna

Postby Kricket » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's pretty cool!  I watch the CTV 6pm news all the time.  Now I'll feel like I have a "tie" to the news.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to meet quite a few celebrities when I went to hockey games if you can believe that.  Mostly Canadian music personalities, but it was very cool when I was 16 or so!!  Now my celebrity contacts are all jockeys (and a few big time owners) at Woodbine.  To me they are just regular guys, but I know alot of people act as though they are sports heros!  I must admit though that when Pat Day rode one of my horses one day, I was pretty star struck myself. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Take Care.
DARE TO DREAM
Kricket

Postby Embiem3 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# The only celeb Ive met other then like Ian Millar is Val's dad. lol I was all excited thought I knew somthing that most ppl on the BB didnt know.. but not anymore :(#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Second Verse(Brooklyn)

Embiem3

Postby Infamousluna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:51 pm

Awe sorry Embiem3! Cat's outta the bag now...but in all seriousness, I
only see my dad a few times a year, so it is kind of nice seeing him on
TV..er..well not him exactly..but you know what I mean ;)
Infamousluna

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#at least you know where to find him every night at 6!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby jax » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's a very tall man! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Luna herself is quite tall too! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Infamousluna » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jax--so you've seen him before?&nbsp; It's funny because its the first comment people make when they see him..."...I never knew you were so tall!"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But he is around 6'4&nbsp; and I am nearly 6' myself...they don't make 'em small in the Shaw family..lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Infamousluna

Postby babytigger » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL - yes he's&nbsp;a tall fella, that's for sure!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#geesh - i'm only 5'3" and a bit....you guys would make me look like a midget!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do look like a midget next to Luna...I'm about as tall as you baby tigger!!! hehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby jax » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually, I always knew he was on the tall side, but then several years ago he was at the Famous People Players that we went to see.&nbsp; Definitely a very tall man! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One of his co-workers used to come into the restaurant that I worked at when I was in college.&nbsp; We never liked seeing him come in, he wasn't very friendly and tipping was not on his list of things to do.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge