They are making fun of my dad on TV

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

They are making fun of my dad on TV

Postby Infamousluna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So here in Ottawa, hours away from my father (in Toronto), I am watching TV, when I hear his name mentioned. I look up at the TV to see that my dad is being spoofed on a comedy show. This is actual the second time, as the first time was on Royal Canadian Air Farce, and now this time it is Comedy Inc, on CTV (or something like that).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's weird for me to see that...I am not offended exactly, but I do feel like I should send them some pointers on how to do a better job on imitating him..lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have you ever seen someone you know on TV? like Canadian Idol or something? It is surreal to see someone on TV and know them in person, I think.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
**The trouble with being on your high horse is having farther down to fall**
Infamousluna

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm...guess that would be surreal......just ask sugar.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#can't say i've seen anyone i know on TV ever.....well, except for some guys playing lacrosse that my brother used to play with years ago...but i didn't actually "know" them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Infamousluna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just read Sugar's post...how terrifying! At least in my case, you laugh while watching. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Infamousluna

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats ok Luna..Morley got excited the other day because he saw your dad's newscast!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby jax » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone else curious as to who your dad is? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I remember watching a hockey game once, and they kept talking about a Rob Brown who was playing for the Blackhawks.  They showed a closeup of him, and HEY!  I went to grade school with him!  I had no idea he was a hockey player.  I went to school with quite a few of them, but I knew they were all players.  It was a bit of a shock to see him all grown up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:59 am

jax wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone else curious as to who your dad is? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Umm...YEAH!!&nbsp; C'mon Luna, spill.&nbsp; Who IS he??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don Cherry??&nbsp; Chretien?&nbsp; Martin??&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#??????????????????????????????????????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah....do tell....inquiring minds want to know!?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah, i wanna know too! LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and no, don't think I've seen someone I know on TV... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Foxie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#C'mon Luna..who is he???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a friend that wanted to be an actor and I saw him once on YTV with Alanis Morrestte(sp?). Yeah I wonder why he never told us to watch...still make fun of him for that!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;It was kinda weird to watch. Another friend of mine is a doctor and during sars(sp? I can't spell today) he was off and on Global they interviewed him at the driving range having a great old time!! I was like...what is going on?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's just as weird when you see actors etc... in person. I've seen Jlo, P.Diddy in Miami when I was shopping. I've seen Ron Mclean? Tom Cochrone? and Eric Lidross? when I worked at the mall. And I think also Doug Gilmour but I don't really care about celb's. Now if David Bechem(sp?) was around....#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Love/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll give a hint ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's a newscaster.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Peter Mansbridge??&nbsp; I've seen him spoofed on Air Farce quite a few times.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL...no..no...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby RioG » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jeff Hutchison from Canada AM?&nbsp; I love that guy. :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wwwwaaayyy off....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL....a CPAC reporter? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#actually reading the posts again reminded me of one person who i know that i've seen on TV - my sister!! OMG - how could i forget?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she wanted to get into acting &amp; got a 5 minute part of " Ready or Not" just after it first came on...she played some "loser" type girl who scored 3's &amp; 2.5's when the boys were "scoring" the looks of the girls in the hallway!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK - so luna - spill it.....i'm guessing you're not referring to local news....so this must be national news, esp if he's being spoofed!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby jax » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lloyd Robertson?&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have had a few celebish people in at either store I work at: Lloyd Robertson is probably the most famous, but also Jim Tatti (my co-worker and I had no idea - our boss told us after he left), Ed the Sock, the dark-haired girl from Ready or Not, Mag Ruffman, hmm, there might be a couple more that I am forgetting. On a horsey note, the Willmott's (they own Kinghaven and he is or used to be president of the OJC) come here, and Dick Rockwell, he and his wife were instrumental in getting Pony Club going in Ontario. Although I heard he just recently went into a home.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The one I got really shy about meeting was Glen Loates. He's a wildlife painter and my boss had to drag me out of the lab when he came in, I was pretty starstruck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have seen the odd patient on TV, we do have some GTA political figures that come in too. I'll be watching the news and go, hey, I met them. Happens at least a few times a year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Infamousluna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:17 pm

Hahahaha...seesh I leave the thread for one minute...lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Not many people outside of Toronto will know my dad, as the only
national stuff he does is Political consulting, elections, and filling
in&nbsp; for Lloyd.&nbsp; He is the 6 0'clock anchor for CTV in Toronto#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I have also had a few friends on TV...My friend Sheldon was in
goosebumps, and I have another friend who I haven't seen in years, and
he is on that show 'Northshore'.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Infamousluna

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#.......and the guessing continues ;) Can I spill it luna?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Infamousluna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:03 pm

oh lol..sure you can, I thought I put that in my other post (silly val)
Infamousluna

Next

Return to The Lounge