The big bad habit...Smoking

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GS - don't feel bad about 1 ciggy.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it is a tough thing to give up!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#we can do it girl!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby MacnRio » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm just reading this now. I'm not a smoker, never felt the urge.  BUT, I wanna say GO gracie and bt! You can do it!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, I'm gonna say don't feel bad if you fall back and have one every now and then. Not speaking from experience and having no idea...... But IMO, if you 'punish" yourself you'll never reach your goal (kinda like whoever was talking about guiliting you into quiting won't work). If someone asked me to give up chocolate cold turkey I'm not sure I ever could!  I actually heard of a quite smoking program that you wean off smokes, go farther and farther between smokes unitl you quit......  But I agree, what works for one, may not work for another.  I sure say going from a pack a day to one a day is pretty good.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#YOU GO GIRLS! We're here for ya! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, the cutting down is going good. I had one on the drive in this morning, and one at lunch, which is about half as less (if not more) than I'm usually smoking. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I quit once before. When I cut down, the cigarettes tasted grosser and grosser...so I think thats what will happen again. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Previous

Return to The Lounge