Winter Is Coming!!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:55 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Oh what a great day...the sun stayed out and the temps were so nice...I did go for a short ride, tried to get him to stay in a rack...but he hates doing all that stuff when alone...he likes the competition of another walker...but we had fun anyway out in the bean stubble field and in and around the bush and back...too bad the colors have not even started yet....I suppose I will miss all of that when I go south...oh well...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WHen do you head down South Eileen?  How long do you stay down there?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:00 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I am heading for Tn. this week. like about Thursday and I will only be gone for a little over a week...got a trail ride that I go to every fall.   Then I come back and by mid November I head for Florida and stay there till like end of March or first part of April...lol  I hate winter...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#do you own a place in Florida or travel around to different places?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She taunts us from down there for what seems like forever.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How is it that winter seems to last for dog's years and the warmer weather is gone in the blink of an eye?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:17 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Ruth is right, I am sooo bad when I get down there...but really guys, it does get chilly down there sometimes and boy when the wind blows one has to put on a jacket.  lol...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds so harsh maybe you should spend a winter up here again and remember what a real chill is #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//lick.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:46 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Well thanks for the invite Zooka, but really after spending over 50 years here during the winter...I think that I prefer the south for the winter...lol....I know I am a whimp and I admit it.  lol #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#when you are riding in florida do you ever come across crocodiles or large snakes like the one that ate the corcodile recently?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:48 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yep, I have seen a few gators on some of my rides.  The one that I remember the most was in the bottom of a small drainage ditch on a back gravel road.  It was odd to see one so close to the road in that particular area.....and it was maybe  5 feet long and it was sleeping.  I was on my horse and I said to my riding buddy of the day....is he dead or sleeping?  she was the smart one and was standing back further....I kept staring at this gator...and yelled at it, (it could have been road kill) and then I saw a twitch of an eyelid...it opened its eyes and "SWISH" went its tail and it was gone....where the heck did it go....the ditch was not that deep and very little water...I am thinking maybe a culvert...but whew....my horse jumped back...(smart horse) and I left feeling kind of dumb...why would anyone wake up a sleeping gator.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#There are no inland crocs that I know of in Florida although there are some on the gulf coast.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#As for snakes yes I see snakes as well as their tracks where they have crossed when it is warm enough.  I remember coming across a cotton mouth....and I stopped, let it decide where it wanted to go...luckily it turned around and went back into the bushes...but I also turned and took a different route.  Rattlesnakes are not a big deal...they have the pygmy rattlers as well as the big ones,,,either one is just as anxious to get out of your way...just dont stop to see if they are sleeping.  Most of the snakes that I see when riding are the harmless ones though...garders, blacks etc ...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Ok, so it's not as cold in FL as it is in Canada...but when you go from 85-90*F, anything below 75*F feels COLD!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Eileen...where in FL do you go?? I know you've probably said a million times, lol. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:15 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hi Bri.  I am on the east side of Naples, actually one side of the main road that runs north and south separates pasture land and fields from the rest of the world....but it is really being built up fast down there.  We are losing all of our old trails because someone has started building on them...cheee  lol but I am about 10 miles north of I-75 where it truns to the east toward Miami.  Does that help.?  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#And you are right about the temps feeling cold...once I am down there for a couple of months, I feel cold if the temps drop below 75 degrees....that is sad isnt it....when you think back and remember the sub 0 temps and snow and ice and wind that we used to endure.  lol....all in the past   lol  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Aww, that's a hike and a half, lol. We should try to meet this winter (somewhere in the middle?), if either of us has time. :) I am in between Tampa and St. Pete, about 20 miles on either side, give or take.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:27 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Wouldn't that be a blast....lol  If I knew what day and when I was going through your area going down there I could stop and meet you then...lol do lunch...right now I am not sure what day I am leaving for sure...but it might work.  I will have the trailer behind me, that slows me down some, but usually 2 sleeps and I am down there...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#lol, then I could finally say I'd met someone from EC! Yes, we will have to see if we can finagle something. :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:43 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#That would be great fun Bri....I will have to let you know when I might be down there...and maybe I can just stop to h ave  a coffee or something...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#sounds like a plan, Eileen. :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to The Lounge