Winter Is Coming!!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Winter Is Coming!!

Postby Sodapoppers » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Anyone else preparing for winter yet? Marty Jones and I went shopping yesterday, and the damage was lethal! I spent almost $200 and she spent over $300 LOL We got the same winter blanket (oooh Marty and Dream will match!) on sale at Greenhawk #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.greenhawk.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-BLS0159.html?L+scstore+dwly7592ffb5c1b5+1128067050"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#http://www.greenhawk.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-BLS0159.html?L+scstore+dwly7592ffb5c1b5+1128067050#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#They have a lilac one too that i'd LOVE to get for Harvey but I think I am going to wait till next year. I will give her Dream's old blanket and wait till she is pretty much finished her growing next year before spending the bucks to get her a new blankie.Later on in Jan i will go back to get him another little sheet to go under his new blanket to make sure he is real warm. I've been sheeting him already over night and he is growing a nice wintery coat already. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is a nice blanket!  Winter is definitely coming with this cold weather we have all the sudden recieved#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pony Hunter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hate how it gets dark so early now! My last lesson was in the dark #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Kaleena » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Arrgh....winter! and thats all I have to say about that#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley13.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:38 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yes, I have one more load of hay to haul and stack then that should do it for the hay for the winter. I started with the feed a couple of weeks ago and will finish that up.  I store it in a couple of old freezers in the barn and a couple of 45 gal barrels, that works out pretty good as well.   #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I do a lot of insulating the floor of the barn where the water pipes run outside, it helps to do that too.  So I have stock piled some old spoiled hay for that.  Today I rearranged different supplies and food in the two different trailers...one will go to Florida for the winter...that will be an on going job till I leave...I would hate to forget anything.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#That is about it so far, but I am not done yet.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Cheryl » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/19.gif"#ed_cl#  You know Eileen I don't know but with you talking about Florida etc already I could really learn to hate you...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#                   #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby pmc » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is probably the first Fall that I don't actually need to buy anything, since Snickers already has a better wardrobe than I do. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm glad I spent the big $$'s on really good blankets.  They look as nice as the day I got them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(Edited for typo)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by pmc on Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Happy Appy's » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well we moved in in August and have now gotten the barn all done. We put in 4 stalls and put rubber matting in them all. My guys are loving it. We have been having cold and rainy days and nights so I have been putting them in to dry out. This morning I went out to let them out and all 3 were laying down still sleeping. There is nothing that is any better than seeing them with shavings on their heads just waking up in the morning. I love it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, Tequila has been living outside for the past few weeks and is growing a thick winter coat already.  I think she will end up being a wooly mammoth.  I have no plans to blanket her unless she seems to be suffering.  But she has lived outside, unblanketed before and is a pretty hardy girl so I think she will be fine.  I have two heavy blankets in case she needs them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:54 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#BLOCKQUOTE id=d245960#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#tee hee, Cheryl...you are not alone, tis a lonely life that I live  lol. #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/BLOCKQUOTE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#K - so it was 7 degrees this a.m.....not looking forward to this....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby chenders01 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wore my winter coat to the barn last night #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's supposed to be 22C tomorrow though.  Winter is not here yet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby My_horse_is_fat » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I recently moved up North and have only spent time up here in the summer. I was HORRIFIED to see my horse furring up before all the others!! He is the weather predictor of hard winters and he was furry a few WEEKS ago. :( :( I am beginning to get a bit freaked out about the weather up here!!! *SIGH*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Guess ya just can't get away from it! And I just don;t have the time to go spend winters in Florida anymore!!! AARRGGHH!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-thumbs down to winter-#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#FatHorse#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
My_horse_is_fat
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsemad! » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Oiy!#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/5.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#This thread reminds me I should have dropped my blankets off for cleaning weeks ago!#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I’d best get on that this weekend.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Like PMC, I bought top of the line blankets, and they’re lasting well.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#Once they’re cleaned they’ll look like new again.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#My pony's ears have been totally fuzzy for weeks... #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Brianna » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Winter? What's that? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#:-P#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Lol...Brianna, watch out they will be turning on you next  lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#:;giggle::#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Nah, I remember winter vividly...I wouldn't trade my sunny FL for the world that time of year!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ugh Brianna.... rub it in why dont you #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena already has her light winter blanket on now... It is a weatherbeeta and its lasted me since she was 2... Shes almost 7 now.  Im glad its lasted but its starting to get old now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not as waterproof as it once was, leg strap missing ect. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im contemplating buying her the new Rambo Duo blanket. Ive been oogling over it since I saw it and it looks like its worth the money. Plus I jsut sold my saddle so I have the money... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Think I should go for it? I know it will last me forever. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have not bought expensive blankets in previous years and ended up spending more money in the long run than if I had bought a rambo. Go for it! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for me, winter means everyone quits riding and I don't have to compete for ring time!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But Brianna, I would much rather deal with winter than HURRICANES!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to The Lounge